Federal court decision relists gray wolves

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Federal court decision relists gray wolves

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:26 am

Pretty sure this would be done by judges appointed by Obama.... Like most issues wolves is divided between Liberals wanting to hug them, and Conservatives wanting to control them.

JohnnieU

Unread postby JohnnieU » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 am

This judge was appointed by Obama in 2010 and was appointed to a commission which elevated her status by G.W. Bush in 2004.

The article on US Sportsman's Alliance states that this decision was fought by the Department of the Interior and U.S. Fish and Wildlife service along with a coalition of the usual private groups who work for sportsman's rights. So the official policy of the executive branch is that Great Lakes Wolves should considered a separate population and delisted. This has been the policy since the Clinton administration, which I never considered a friend to sportsman.

The judges appointed by presidents push their agenda for years after they have left office and are often forgotten until a terrible decision arbitrarily changes the law based on a personal belief system. It's just another reminder that elections matter.

Liberal vs Conservative is too simple, it's really urban vs rule. Conservatives are usually better at protecting sportsman's rights, but rural voters are usually conservative so if they are in-touch with their constituents they will protect sportsman. I would be more likely to trust a Democrat from Montana than a republican from New York City to protect my hunting rights, since that Montana Democrat will have to answer to a bunch of sportsman and farmers when he/she is seeking re-election. As sportsman we need to know exactly how a candidate stands on our rights and if they have no experience hunting, fishing or farming we can assume they will not understand us so it's our job to let them know what we want and that we vote.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:56 am

I just heard this today. The sad part for both sides is that when we as sportsmen and women put a season on something we have just ensured its long term survival. Conseravationist/hunters have never, in the modern era, hunted a species to extinction.

Those that live with wolves will likely take matters into their own hands, while the limousine liberals continue to get unintended consequences and wonder what went wrong with their great central planning.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 am

JohnnieU is a smart man. It's the candidate, not the Party we need to concern ourselves with. Party politics is a lose/lose for the voter and our Country, no matter which Party you align yourself with.
Let's go Brandon!
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:43 am

I believe that this law will fall on deaf ears. The farmer is going protect his income, at least I hope he would. As a Price county land owner.....I'll have to make my own decisions if/when I see a wolf. I hope that others do as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:No surprise the government would listen more to the insurance companies and anti-hunting groups rather than the landowners and hunters. This is just another brick in the wall. Lets tear down that wall!

Actually the government took them off the list. This ridiculous action was taken by a judge that ruled the delisting by the government was not legal.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Every time I look at the title to this thread my minds eye reads it a gay wolves..... :think:

Must be the federal court ruling phrase..... :lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Longbow

Unread postby Longbow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:33 pm

I always remember what a thoughtful old trapper told me about 20 years ago. He said " You know ,the worst part about protecting wolves completely, when they're not endangered , is that they aren't actually doing the wolf a favor."
What he was getting at is that the people who actually live with these animals have a limited tolerance for them. By not allowing people to harvest any wolves you are guaranteeing that people will eventually get fed up with them and come to hate them. Instead, if you have even a limited harvest season and treat them as a unique hunting/trapping opportunity , then more people would support them being there.
I for one am not a wolf hater. I like the idea of having a reasonable population on the landscape. But I want them treated as a big game animal with a season to pursue them. I was incredibly fortunate to draw a tag and harvest a WI wolf this fall and it was a great experience that I would love to do again .

So I've been asking myself ,why do the fuzzy wuzzy wolf huggers want such a large population of wolves? I believe its because they know what an unmanaged wolf population would do to big game herds, namely decimate them into a shadow. And just how many hunters will there be with very little left to hunt?

Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:35 pm

there is a reason these things were exterminated once before.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Dutch

Unread postby Dutch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Swampbuck wrote:Yea I heard about this. My brother lives in Utah and WLF is having major issues with wolves. They are looking at importing jaguars to combat the wolf issue. sounds crazy but seems to be the only way they can fight the environmentalist

I use to work with a guy that grew up in the Bahamas. Can't remember what island. Anyways they had a very large rat problem. The rat's number one prey was there chickens. Feasted on them left and right. To combat this problem the government got the bright idea of importing mongooses to eat the rats. Well needless to say they didn't have to worry about feeding there chickens anymore.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:11 pm

This is so disappointing

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 pm

ozzz wrote:sss

;)

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
rutnbuck

Unread postby rutnbuck » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:14 am

Maybe take my 3 wolf preference points and put them as my bear points.

trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:25 am

This sure won't help the northern deer herd recover.
I wonder how the DNR will adjust the deer regs for this?
Really going to be hard to win this battle with the people we have running the country right now.
We need to contact our state representatives and voice our concerns.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:39 am

dan wrote:Pretty sure this would be done by judges appointed by Obama.... Like most issues wolves is divided between Liberals wanting to hug them, and Conservatives wanting to control them.

The funny thing is it was the Obama admin that pulled the wolves off the endangered list but an Obama appointed judge that pulled them off again. This kind of came out of no where, have to imagine there will be some push back by the states.

If politics weren't bad enough bias judges might be even worse.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”