Who has killed a coyote with a bow?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Killed a coyote with a bow?

Yes I have.
53%
No I have not.
47%

Total votes: 125
johndeere506
500 Club

Re: Who has killed a coyote with a bow?

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:14 am

You may think they are worthless but no animal deserves to suffer by choice. You are the human. You can do better than that.

Your comment is pretty terrible.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:15 am

cbniner wrote:gut shot for all coyotes, don't want them dying near the stand and they don't deserve a fast death, please argue, cause you're wrong, the coyote has very little economic worth and that's all Americans care about, so please argue the value of the coyote

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

You don't deserve to call your self a bowhunter....
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:37 am

Spysar wrote:
cbniner wrote:gut shot for all coyotes, don't want them dying near the stand and they don't deserve a fast death, please argue, cause you're wrong, the coyote has very little economic worth and that's all Americans care about, so please argue the value of the coyote

You don't deserve to call your self a bowhunter....

I absolutely agree with this statement. You owe everything you intend to kill a quick clean death. Being humane about life and how to take it says a lot about a hunter to me. Your the very reason good hunters have a bad name with organizations like PETA have ammunition against us. I hope a mod deletes your comment and you have a serious reflection moment bud!!

Back to your post, I've drawn once but got busted. So no for me.

Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:50 am

Has anyone killed a yote while hunting for yote with a bow? Or all kills incidental while deer hunting?
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:55 am

All by accident for me.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:56 am

I have a lot of respect for coyotes... Not much for humans... ;)

Coyotes are great creatures that take out the weak and improve the herd. I like to see them kept in check, but really, thats not something a mere hunter can do...

It sickens me to hear anyone talk about gut shooting an animal on purpose. I love animals... All hunters should, and should respect the fact that each creature was formed for a purpose, to fill a need.
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:59 am

Regardless of thier "worth" to intentionally cause anything to suffer is a bit demented.

Seems you are really just trying to get a rise from people though. Which, is also a bit, well.....

Make It Happen
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:31 am

I've killed 3 on deer stand. Haven't killed one in a few years now.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Robert

Unread postby Robert » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:09 am

One while deer hunting. Peak of the rut,doe just comes flying in thought a buck was chasing her, no. Coyote, got him though.

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:54 am

I finally had a perfect wide open 13 yard shot at one on Nov. 7th. I drew back, he stopped and I let down cause I knew I didn't want to pay to get anything done with it nor did I want to just shoot something for being a predator....

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:59 am

Coyotes don't deserve the very painful slow death you think they do. They are like most mammals. Born innocent, playful, loving, etc. They learn to use the instincts and tools they are born with to become the way they are because they must to survive. They don't understand the amount of pain and fear they cause and they don't "deserve" to. They had no choice in being created and being born into the world. Also, the economic worth has absolutely no bearing on the value of any life. No living thing deserves to suffer because of what they are.

I have had the misfortune of going through some extremely painful experiences that, along with what science has learned and my own observations of animals, has allowed me to relate to some of the pain humans cause animals and it has really opened my eyes. Not to trivialize what you or anyone else has ever experienced or to suggest nobody else has went through as much or more than I have, but I have little doubt that if you had experienced what I have and learned what I have in relation to what science knows (& how) about what animals are capeable of feeling you would never feel the way you do ever again.

So your post not only suggests a lack of the ethics/morals that is expected of all hunters, but also a (understandable) lack of understanding about what you are talking about doing to a coyote or any other animal.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:12 pm

I have killed quite a few over the years. My most memorable was killed while stalking through a standing corn field with a fresh show. As I stalked crossrow I saw a yote stop one row behind me. I drew and leaned back in the previous row I just crossed and launched an arrow. Drilled it and when I walked it off it was a 37 yard shot. No idea if I even used a pin! When I found the yote he arrow went through its neck. It was still alive and tried to bite me!

Last time I checked a coyote was worth about 8 bucks.

IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:20 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:

Coyotes don't deserve the very painful slow death you think they do. They are like most mammals. Born innocent, playful, loving, etc. They learn to use the instincts and tools they are born with to become the way they are because they must to survive. They don't understand the amount of pain and fear they cause and they don't "deserve" to. They had no choice in being created and being born into the world. Also, the economic worth has absolutely no bearing on the value of any life. No living thing deserves to suffer because of what they are.

I have had the misfortune of going through some extremely painful experiences that, along with what science has learned and my own observations of animals, has allowed me to relate to some of the pain humans cause animals and it has really opened my eyes. Not to trivialize what you or anyone else has ever experienced or to suggest nobody else has went through as much or more than I have, but I have little doubt that if you had experienced what I have and learned what I have in relation to what science knows (& how) about what animals are capeable of feeling you would never feel the way you do ever again.

So your post not only suggests a lack of the ethics/morals that is expected of all hunters, but also a (understandable) lack of understanding about what you are talking about doing to a coyote or any other animal.

Now that is a great response to a despicable comment.

Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Missed one...drew back on another one.. :shifty:
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:20 pm

I shot and hit 3 in one hunt... only found 2 of them. I shot the alpha female and the pack kept circling my stand... it was creepy!

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”