Wisconsin, now home to 800 wolves

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Re: Wisconsin, now home to 800 wolves

Unread postby cedarsavage » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 am

Here in upper Michigan we've been at 600 wolves for 10 years...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

headgear
500 Club

Re: Wisconsin, now home to 800 wolves

Unread postby headgear » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:47 am

stash59 wrote:Yes the wolves have been increasing. But also the deer numbers have been decreasing in these areas with established packs. Thus it would stand to reason that coyotes, dogs and other animals will now be targeted for food. With the normal food sources now dwindling.

Maybe we just need to be patient. What always happens when a prey animal diminishes their food source. They get weak, sick and have huge die offs. Nature always strives for balance!!!

This will bite PETA and all the other promoters of unnatural "conservation" efforts right in the behind!!!!

I do think the numbers are naturally going down, maybe not in WI yet but I think the numbers are dropping a bit in MN. They really had no where to to go but down. When the wolves ran out of deer where I hunt they turned on the moose, in the last 5 years the MN moose hunt was shut down because the numbers plummeted. Nature will balance itself out over time, sometimes those timelines take a little longer than hunters would like. I've been waiting on a recovery in northern MN for 5 or so years now. The winters of 12 & 13 really put us in a hole, far more than the wolves could do. Just need a another mild winter or two and things will pick up again but it can be a long process.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”