Pumped to get out after some predators!

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

xpauliber
500 Club

Pumped to get out after some predators!

Unread postby xpauliber » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:07 am

I've officially been out of the archery woods for a little over a month now and I have the itch bad to get back out chasing something!

I've done some sporadic coyote/fox sets but have yet to call anything in. Bobcat comes in soon and I have a permit to chase them as well. Hoping we get some more snow and I can get on some new spots for chasing predators. I have been humbled many times hunting bucks with a bow but this yote chasing is really making me feel like a rookie! I guess it makes it all the more sweeter when you connect and most importantly, I continue to hone my skills and learn from each hunt. Long live the spirit of the wild!

Anyone else getting out after some predators soon?

Kokes
500 Club

Re: Pumped to get out after some predators!

Unread postby Kokes » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:55 am

Absolutely will be getting out shortly..got some snow on the ground now, most deer hunters are done, so its getting to be coyote time for me, cant wait.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:11 am

About a week ago I was out checking tracks and saw a huge male and a smaller one together roaming. If I would have had the gun, game over. Anticipating doing some once I'm finished in Ohio for muzzleloader.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:25 am

ive been out a couple times over the last 2 weeks with a friend. They are challenging. But when you get into an area full of them, it is so much fun. I had traps set for a week but I ended up pulling them with all the snow we got.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:05 pm

I will be out after the first of the year. I'm not a great deer hunter, but have some success, but when it comes to coyotes, I'm worthless. Hoping to seal the deal this year. I missed one last year, so hopefully it goes better this year. I plan on doing more night hunting this year. For Michigan guys, the NRC approved night time hunting with centerfire rifles below .269 caliber. I'm not sure on the effective date though.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tuffdaddy

Unread postby Tuffdaddy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:25 am

I've been out a few times now. Getting responses pretty much every time. Had 2 that should be on the ground. Couldn't get them the extra 10 yards on to the public land. Got to take a good look at them through my scope at 60 and 130 yards. Their time will come. :) I LOVE predator hunting. Now if we could get some more snow on the ground.....

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”