Man Vs Wolf

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Nocturnal
500 Club

Man Vs Wolf

Unread postby Nocturnal » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Let's be serious here. To Make a story first. Your walking through the woods. You run into a wolf and it wants to kill you. You have no weapon but your bare hands. Your life is on the line. You have that moment where your mind speeds up and you have a 100 thoughts in seconds. You think about life, your family, getting out of this situation, etc.....

We talked about this on another forum and I wanted to bring it to a more civilized crowd. What do you believe your odds are to survive this? I believe man can do the unthinkable or unimaginable things when death come knocking. And a wild animal, like a wolf, has the strong will also, along with bone crushing power.

Most guys say no way, not a chance any grown man can take one. Now we know it's smart to carry a firearm or some sort of defense and also a wolf attack is like winning the lottery. But for the slim possibility all these things occurred. Could you get yourself home?

Crazinamatese

Re: Man Vs Wolf

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Rear-naked choke... Done!
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd perish, I'm too dang old to fight a wolf. My mind says yes my body says no way.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Rear-naked choke... Done!

X2 I'd go for eyeballs as well.
Joe™
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm

I would probably go with the people's elbow followed by the stone cold stunner and finish the wolf off with a tombstone piledriver.

I had a retired officer once tell me if a dog was coming at you to get you forearm out I front so that it goes for that. Then place your opposite arm behind the head and with your forearm in the mouth snap back.... Idk about all of this :lol:
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Not worried at all. Wolf encounters that include danger are very very rare.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 am

tbunao wrote:I would probably go with the people's elbow followed by the stone cold stunner and finish the wolf off with a tombstone piledriver.

I had a retired officer once tell me if a dog was coming at you to get you forearm out I front so that it goes for that. Then place your opposite arm behind the head and with your forearm in the mouth snap back.... Idk about all of this :lol:

I'm dying right now :lol:

In all seriousness, I don't stand a chance. I'll throw it a dog treat and rub its belly and hope for the best. Works for dogs, and dogs are pretty close to a wolf
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 am

Setting aside the extremely low probability of this scenario, I think most healthy adults could strangle a lone wolf if it was life or death. If there was more than one you're dead. The book I read talked about a woman in russia who was attacked by a lone wolf and the people found her physically exhausted but she had killed the wolf by strangulation i believe.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:54 am

hunter_mike wrote:Setting aside the extremely low probability of this scenario, I think most healthy adults could strangle a lone wolf if it was life or death. If there was more than one you're dead. The book I read talked about a woman in russia who was attacked by a lone wolf and the people found her physically exhausted but she had killed the wolf by strangulation i believe.

This was just about the same response I gave to the question. I about got my head cut off for it. There are many cases of these situations throughout the world where wolves thrive. Two or more wolves. You better climb a tree. :lol:
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 am

One on one I think I could take a wolf. A pack I'm done. I like crazinam idea the choke hold. I've fought off hundreds of dogs being a city letter carrier for 22 years and have never been bit. You show them your the aggressor and they'll back down 99% of the time even the meanest dogs. I've never fought a wild wolf that could be different. Lol
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am

Yeah they used a police dog videos as examples why a man couldn't take a wolf. I explained that criminals give up before the dog attack even occurs making the argument somewhat irrelevant.
bkraus

Unread postby bkraus » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:47 am

[quote="tbunao"]I would probably go with the people's elbow followed by the stone cold stunner and finish the wolf off with a tombstone piledriver.

Nice! Then smack two beers together. And lift an eyebrow.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:54 am

I think my odds vs a single wolf would be much better than against something much larger like a grizzly bear.

A pack of wolves would be a totally different story.
Robert

Unread postby Robert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:54 am

:lol:
bkraus wrote:
tbunao wrote:I would probably go with the people's elbow followed by the stone cold stunner and finish the wolf off with a tombstone piledriver.

Nice! Then smack two beers together. And lift an eyebrow.

I'm dying right now! :lol:
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 am

Nocturnal wrote:Yeah they used a police dog videos as examples why a man couldn't take a wolf. I explained that criminals give up before the dog attack even occurs making the argument somewhat irrelevant.

Dogs can sense fear. Criminals are usually running because of fear. I agree seems irrelevant

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”