Rogue Coyote hunters?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Re: Rogue Coyote hunters?

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 am

We like coyotes on our farm, only shoot them occasionally, passing on most. They help keep the deer numbers in check, since the deer eat ag crops and inflict heavy damage on the trees we try to plant. Coyotes also eat rabbits that girdle the new trees. Part of the checks and balances of nature. ;) Obviously I'm not one of the "kill them all" crowd. :lol:

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am

UntouchableNess wrote:We like coyotes on our farm, only shoot them occasionally, passing on most. They help keep the deer numbers in check, since the deer eat ag crops and inflict heavy damage on the trees we try to plant. Coyotes also eat rabbits that girdle the new trees. Part of the checks and balances of nature. ;) Obviously I'm not one of the "kill them all" crowd. :lol:

Yeah it is what's natural. Which we're all just a part of. Balance!! We're no better than the bunny huggers if we want to entirely wipe something out. :doh: Probably just opened another can of worms there!!!! :mrgreen:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 am

UntouchableNess wrote:We like coyotes on our farm, only shoot them occasionally, passing on most. They help keep the deer numbers in check, since the deer eat ag crops and inflict heavy damage on the trees we try to plant. Coyotes also eat rabbits that girdle the new trees. Part of the checks and balances of nature. ;) Obviously I'm not one of the "kill them all" crowd. :lol:

You could take some of the deer and just transport them up by me. That will solve the issue. :D
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:46 am

Jonny wrote:

You could take some of the deer and just transport them up by me. That will solve the issue. :D

Better yet a place to hunt when you draw a Iowa tag Jonny!!!!! :mrgreen:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:52 am

stash59 wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Still need to put in for points. Probably will start in the next year or two. Want to be out of college and have a couple years in at a job to get the needed time off. Plus I still have lots to learn about hunting before I go test myself out there.

Still throwing out feelers to my girlfriend about moving to Iowa once I graduate. Pretty sure we could make it happen since we are both in pretty high demand job markets.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 am

Jonny wrote:
stash59 wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Still need to put in for points. Probably will start in the next year or two. Want to be out of college and have a couple years in at a job to get the needed time off. Plus I still have lots to learn about hunting before I go test myself out there.

Still throwing out feelers to my girlfriend about moving to Iowa once I graduate. Pretty sure we could make it happen since we are both in pretty high demand job markets.

There you go. Trade farm labor for hunting rights!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 pm

stash59 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
stash59 wrote:
Jonny wrote:

There you go. Trade farm labor for hunting rights!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's the young guys way to success. If you can't buy it, start working :mrgreen:
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Yea unfortunately I am sure there are some good law abiding dog coyote hunters but they are a minority based on all the ones I have encountered. Sorry they are around your area now Stan.

There are some bad apples in western Iowa, where the land is flatter and they just drive till they see a coyote or a fresh track and turn the dogs loose, catch up with the coyote about 4 sections later who knows who's land. I have friends out there who constantly complain about them.

I'm a fan of hunting coyotes but also a fan of landowner rights....like I said am sure there are some decent crews out there, but when you look at how far coyotes run, you better be in the middle of 5000 acres of land if you want to keep your dogs from trespassing. I'm not kidding, 5000 acres might not be enough.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”