Bobcat called in a little close

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

saylean

Bobcat called in a little close

Unread postby saylean » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:40 am

I thought you might get a kick out of this. I was predator calling for bear when this bobcat almost jumped in my lap (he wasn't in season yet). I slowly picked up my camera and turned it on as he backed up, he literally had stopped right at the end of my gun barrel as I swung it at him as he lunged at me.

There is some FOUL language in the video, as I was a little nerve racked after that flash of fur and eyes almost pounced on me (split second thought it was a coug). Anyway, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPCQtItoUg

Author of "No Bait Just Bears" and "The Ultimate Guide To Black Bear Hunting". Patriot, father, hunter, and all around red blooded American.
Nocturnal
500 Club

Re: Bobcat called in a little close

Unread postby Nocturnal » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 am

:lol: did he come in sneaking and catch you by surprise? We have a pretty good bob cat population in some areas by us. Never have called one in. Too bad you didn't have the camera rolling at the time.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:59 am

:o :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) What state/province you in?
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
saylean

Unread postby saylean » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:31 am

Nocturnal wrote::lol: did he come in sneaking and catch you by surprise? We have a pretty good bob cat population in some areas by us. Never have called one in. Too bad you didn't have the camera rolling at the time.

He snuck up on me to within striking distance and then bolted across the loggin road, only stopping as I swung my barrel at him instinctively. All I saw was a flash of eyes and fur before I stopped him...almost blasted him before he stopped.

I live in WA.
Author of "No Bait Just Bears" and "The Ultimate Guide To Black Bear Hunting". Patriot, father, hunter, and all around red blooded American.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:36 am

That will get the blood pumping for sure. What were you using for a call?

Thanks,

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
saylean

Unread postby saylean » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:42 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:That will get the blood pumping for sure. What were you using for a call?

Thanks,

Bob

I cant remember if it was a sceery ap6 or an RRcalls rabbit distress....the story is in the book you have. ;)
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:48 am

saylean wrote:
Horizontal Hunter wrote:That will get the blood pumping for sure. What were you using for a call?

Thanks,

Bob

I cant remember if it was a sceery ap6 or an RRcalls rabbit distress....the story is in the book you have. ;)

Thanks for the quick counterattack reply. I will look forward to it. I just got to the baiting chapter.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:51 am

saylean wrote:
Nocturnal wrote::lol: did he come in sneaking and catch you by surprise? We have a pretty good bob cat population in some areas by us. Never have called one in. Too bad you didn't have the camera rolling at the time.

He snuck up on me to within striking distance and then bolted across the loggin road, only stopping as I swung my barrel at him instinctively. All I saw was a flash of eyes and fur before I stopped him...almost blasted him before he stopped.

I live in WA.

Ahhh! So am I correct in assuming those are blacktails on the wall? If so great bucks!!!!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:55 am

Amazing footage :clap: :clap:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
saylean

Unread postby saylean » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:58 am

stash59 wrote:
saylean wrote:

I live in WA.

Ahhh! So am I correct in assuming those are blacktails on the wall? If so great bucks!!!!

Only the one on the right is a black tail, the one directly behind me and the partial one to the left is a muley. Western wa, were I live, we have black tail, but I often hunt eastern wa, where muley and white tail hang out.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:01 am

saylean wrote:
stash59 wrote:
saylean wrote:

I live in WA.

Only the one on the right is a black tail, the one directly behind me and the partial one to the left is a muley. Western wa, were I live, we have black tail, but I often hunt eastern wa, where muley and white tail hang out.

That's still a good'un!!! :handgestures-thumbup:
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 am

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Very cool!!! Thanks for posting!
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Awesome experience and cool video.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm

8-)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”