Yummy cat.

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alleyyooper

Yummy cat.

Unread postby alleyyooper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 am

Week ago met Eric at 3:00 PM then drove to the Armbruster beef farm. No one has hunted the place for about 4 months and Mister Armbruster told us he had a couple come in a week ago and jump up in the feed bunks and start eatting rhe feed he had augered in just a hour and a half before. He told us where they had ran when he yelled at them and seen them a couple days ago believeing they were on there way back to the feed bunks.

We put on our skis and headed out for a stone pile near the top of a hill above a grassy swale. That snow sure was wet and sticky need to change the wax if it doesn't get cold again. Fore cast is for colder weather Friday but warm again Saturday and the rest of next week.

We get set up, I had talked Eric on us trying the cat sounds again. We let it run at about half volume and at the 15 minute mark Eric points out two trying to circle to our right across the hay field fence line. I signed for Eric to go for the leader and I would see about doing the second.

Eric knocked the first one down into the snow and I had got the second one only to see it floop around over a drainage ditch bank.

Put the skis on and work toward the lip of the ditch bank stand there a second scanning the area and then see blood and tore up snow across the drain. Then see the coyote laying under a clump of mutli flora rose, I see it is still alive so fire again and it is finished.

Since the water draining was to wide to jump across we voted to leave it since we would have to go to the next miles bridge to get across with out getting wet.
Erics was a nice size female with nice fur.

Another set across the farm near a wood lot produced nothing.
Drove 10 miles to The miller farm and set up back near their wood lot which has alway held a coyote for us but not this evening. It was starting to get foggy and dark so we decided to pack it in for this day.

:D Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”