Navionics lake maps - one foot contours - free online

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigwoodsmn

Navionics lake maps - one foot contours - free online

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 am

I showed DeerSlayer the Navionics app for Android ($15). A couple days later he showed me Navionics [glow=red]online web maps[/glow]. I guess they have been online for a year. :doh: Now instead of looking at a 4" screen I can scout on my computer.

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Now I can take screen snaps, draw arrows, and take a much closer look than what I can see on my phone.

This particular spot will be a killer in a northerly wind in June for live bait rigging or spinners. Notice any resemblance of these spots to other animals that park themselves on the leeward side of the points just after the first decent break?

My wife catches more fish than I do. :D

headgear
500 Club

Re: Navionics lake maps - one foot contours - free online

Unread postby headgear » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 am

sweet thanks!
Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:17 am

The only thing about the online map is that the phone's gps will not locate you on the map. That ap is one of my most heavily used one on my phone. Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware I could see them online. Now if there could only be a depth map of the lake I fish most...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 am

Dhurtubise wrote:The only thing about the online map is that the phone's gps will not locate you on the map. That ap is one of my most heavily used one on my phone. Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware I could see them online. Now if there could only be a depth map of the lake I fish most...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Daniel - I bought a cheap Android Tablet (make sure it has a GPS receiver, some don't)... then I installed the Navionics App from Google Play Store ($15) ...

It keeps your position on the Navionics maps (same map data). So on days when it's not raining, I use my tablet for navigation, which saves room on my other electronics screens for sonar/structure only.... I found that works pretty good.

Bummer no data on the lake you fish most...
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Sweet! I didn't even know there was an app! I'm going to have to check this out.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

I am going to check that out and great set of fishing pics
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks Lou-- pretty awesome web site. The only thing I don't like is I can't get the GPS coordinates with the site. I have to find the same spot on my tablet or phone app. But that works. I fish the same lake pretty much every weekend May-July. It's 130000 acres. This web site is saving me some time scouting instead of doing it on my tablet or phone
elly10

Unread postby elly10 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:31 pm

bigwoodsmn wrote:I showed DeerSlayer the Navionics app for Android ($15). A couple days later he showed me Navionics
lake maps of Wooden. I guess they have been online for a year. :doh: Now instead of looking at a 4" screen I can scout on my computer.

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Now I can take screen snaps, draw arrows, and take a much closer look than what I can see on my phone.

This particular spot will be a killer in a northerly wind in June for live bait rigging or spinners. Notice any resemblance of these spots to other animals that park themselves on the leeward side of the points just after the first decent break?

My wife catches more fish than I do. :D

Hi
Thanks seriously this app is very helpful for finding the particular location for fishing in lake.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 am

Welcome to the Beast elly10!

If you search through old posts on this site like you did to find this one you can find all kinds of good information. I often see questions posted that have been answered in the past and often times the original questions have better answers. There is a goldmine in the old posts on here.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Schubox1265

Unread postby Schubox1265 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:29 am

This may or may not interest you, but you can sync routes between the web app and the mobile app if you login with the same account.

For some stupid reason, you cannot currently sync markers between the two.

Hopefully Navionics will see the error of their ways, and add this feature in the future.

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”