Kayak Fishing

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Browtine77

Kayak Fishing

Unread postby Browtine77 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 am

Going to be purchasing a Field and Stream Eagle Talon 12 fishing kayak. I'm going to be rigging the canoe out myself and I'm looking for some cool ideas. Anyone else kayak fishing? If so can you post pictures of your set-up?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: Kayak Fishing

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:06 am

Subscribed...Been thinking about getting one myself. I'll see if I can get pic of my buddies I use from time to time.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:29 am

I'll post pics when I get home. My girlfriend and I recently took our kayaks fishing and camping up in the boundary waters and had a good time.

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:43 am

I use my nucanoe for fishing and trotlining - lots of planned DIY projects - however, I don't modify it much as its primary purpose is for bowhunting and most of my mods are for that. I do have crates, fishing rods holders, etc..
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 am

I have a small Old Town Otter that I have a rudder system on and a rod holder. It works but not really comfy to fish from. I've been looking at the Vibe SeaGhost 130 with plans of maybe rigging it out nice for fishing and maybe even hunting some day. Just hard to justify the price of a plastic boat when I have two nice bass boats that will go 50+ MPH :lol: My wife and I do like to take the yaks out with the kids though. Makes for a nice relaxing day on the water without worrying about motors, gas etc.
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:00 pm

If I need an anchor, it's stored in the front hatch. I bring just one tray of tackle which sits on the floor between my legs. Pliers are within reach, as is a marker buoy. Not shown is my flex arm mount and new Deeper sonar. The display reads out on my cell phone in that dry storage case. Behind me I store the wire fish basket for when I want to bring home dinner.

Browtine77

Unread postby Browtine77 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:41 pm

I pick up a 12 foot sit on top kayak yesterday, the field and stream eagle Talon 12. I also bought a low range fish finder.

I would be hesitating to by a kayak too if I had a fishing boat(s) but I could convince my wife to let me buy a easier than I can convince her to let me by a boat. Plus I think it will be fun to rig out.

justin84
500 Club

Unread postby justin84 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 am

My wife bought me a new kayak for my birthday, a pelican tandem. I tried it out last weekend solo and it rides a little high in front but no big deal. Fishing out of it is great. Prior to that I was using a single pelican and that was good too. I do need some sort of rod holder, there's no good place to set it while paddling. Checking out all of the no motor lakes within a few miles of our place and the LMB fishing has been awesome; slow fishing a weightless wacky worm is effortless and relaxing in the kayak.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:49 am

I ordered a Vibe SeaGhost 130 and should have it soon. Rigging it out with fishfinder and several other things to make a nice fishing rig when I can't use the bass boat. I would love to use it for some public land hunting as well. I'll post up some pics when I get it all done.

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”