2 Man Boat

• Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

2 Man Boat

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Thinking really hard about getting one that will fit in the back of my truck.I have always just wanted one but never thought about it too much until now. Pretty sure the wife wants to get from Wal-Mart so that limits things. The one they have is a Sun dolphin 8ft. I am looking at something with good space/stability like this style because I will have small children (with life jackets) on in a few years.(Also my wife is clumsy!) I know absolutely NOTHING about trolling motors,know which is good and what I will need. What do you guys think? Advice on 2 man boats/trolling motor?Also does it need to be titled or licenced in any way in MO because of the motor?
http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/KL-Industr ... department

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mkuf79
Facebook: matthew.kufahl.5

Re: 2 Man Boat

Unread postby mkuf79 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:12 am

Try to find a Coleman Crawdad. 12' and very stable. Very easy to stand up and fish. I used one for many years musky fishing on rivers. Easy for one guy to put in back of truck. Have used trolling motor and 8 HP motor on them.

mkuf79
Facebook: matthew.kufahl.5

Unread postby mkuf79 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:22 am

I'd go with the biggest 12 volt trolling motor you can buy which is a 55 lb thrust. I have a Minn Kota.

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:08 am

X2, have one of these and they work awesome!
mkuf79 wrote:Try to find a Coleman Crawdad. 12' and very stable. Very easy to stand up and fish. I used one for many years musky fishing on rivers. Easy for one guy to put in back of truck. Have used trolling motor and 8 HP motor on them.

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 am

I would get a Gheenoe.

Very versatile. Incredibly stable.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 pm

I've got a 12' sportsman. Sold under a different name now, but dicks has them. It's a plastic hull john boat. I hunt and fish outta mine. Can load and unload it easily by myself. I stay away from big water when winds are more than 15mph. Last year it fit two guys and gear for a two night deer hunt, stands and bows, etc

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:06 am

kwaldeier wrote:Thinking really hard about getting one that will fit in the back of my truck.I have always just wanted one but never thought about it too much until now. Pretty sure the wife wants to get from Wal-Mart so that limits things. The one they have is a Sun dolphin 8ft. I am looking at something with good space/stability like this style because I will have small children (with life jackets) on in a few years.(Also my wife is clumsy!) I know absolutely NOTHING about trolling motors,know which is good and what I will need. What do you guys think? Advice on 2 man boats/trolling motor?Also does it need to be titled or licenced in any way in MO because of the motor?
http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/KL-Industr ... department

I think you will find that would be way to small with two little ones on board. I would get at least a 12'.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 am

We actually went to dicks last night to look one over. My kids are WAY to small to be on it now lol Thinking a few years. Nice looking boat! Should fit perfect in my 6.5ftbtruck bed. Have a guy on craigslist with one that comes with trolling motor for a steal! Hopefully look at it this week!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”