Re: Beast Walleye Report?

Unread postby swampyak » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Nice fish

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:31 am

GJ on the Walters! What a cool spot too.
Waymore

Unread postby Waymore » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:44 pm

The saint clair river and Detroit river has been very good this year. A lot of fish. Fish have been on the smaller side but quick limits
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Only needed to fish 2 holes in the river yesterday to get these. Had to run some errands in the area so we couldn't wait around for the last one.
Smallest was 15 1/2 and biggest was 20". By far the biggest built walleyes I have ever seen in my life. All of them were full of fat chunks and crawfish.
Got 7 from this hole that might be the size of a sedan. Can't see it in the picture but I was rocking the jungle boots for this walk. They work great for wading in the river. Very few small fish. Couple more nice bass.
Where the log is behind me, is about 5' of water and where we caught all the fish. Got 2 nice eyes, and this bass and decided to get a picture. Only 16" but for the river its the biggest I have ever seen out here. Threw back a bunch of suckers and a dink eye or two. Only reason I wore waders is we had a half mile walk through grass and ferns that was over my head. I'm 6'4. Never seen them that tall. And have had bad luck in that area for allergic reactions too. Worst part was the best hole in that area had a tree fall in it so its done for at least a year or two til it floods again.

1/16 yellow jig and half a crawler. Also ran into a dozen amish girls kayaking :think: . Didn't know they had kayaks. And 3 amish guys fishing out of a canoe. Said that the walleyes weren't biting :lol:
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Nice catch :L:
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Jonny wrote:Only needed to fish 2 holes in the river yesterday to get these. Had to run some errands in the area so we couldn't wait around for the last one.
Smallest was 15 1/2 and biggest was 20". By far the biggest built walleyes I have ever seen in my life. All of them were full of fat chunks and crawfish.
Got 7 from this hole that might be the size of a sedan. Can't see it in the picture but I was rocking the jungle boots for this walk. They work great for wading in the river. Very few small fish. Couple more nice bass.
Where the log is behind me, is about 5' of water and where we caught all the fish. Got 2 nice eyes, and this bass and decided to get a picture. Only 16" but for the river its the biggest I have ever seen out here. Threw back a bunch of suckers and a dink eye or two. Only reason I wore waders is we had a half mile walk through grass and ferns that was over my head. I'm 6'4. Never seen them that tall. And have had bad luck in that area for allergic reactions too. Worst part was the best hole in that area had a tree fall in it so its done for at least a year or two til it floods again.

1/16 yellow jig and half a crawler. Also ran into a dozen amish girls kayaking :think: . Didn't know they had kayaks. And 3 amish guys fishing out of a canoe. Said that the walleyes weren't biting :lol:

Nice catch!! Kayaks ain't got a motor! Curious!!! Were they in their long dresses?
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Looks like a good time

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”