What is your dream fish?

• Advertisement

HB Store

john1984

Re: What is your dream fish?

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm

I have fish fantasies . Currently it takes me years to catch what Boogie catches in one day. My biggest fish was a 26 inch pike caught over 16 years ago :lol:

I've NEVER caught a fish through thee ICE. I tried in 2 different states and never ever even got a nibble.

My fish dream is to watch my kids catch MULTIPLE fish in one day.

I am cursed when it comes to fishing.

A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
A5BLASTER wrote:My dream bass is a large mouth that's 10 lb are more.

Been to close to give up. Personally best is 9 lbs 14 once's, second best is 9 lb 12 once's.

If I ever get a 7lb large mouth or a 6lb smallie, its on the wall. Well done on the dual 9+LM

Thank you. Those 2 went back into the lake after I had them official weighted in.

We have a clunker program on Toledo bend lake. Bass 10 lbs are more get tagged and released and you get a free replica of the fish to wall mount.
crackehelmet

Unread postby crackehelmet » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 pm

I like this thread so I'ma contribute despite the age.

My dream fish was a walleye from about 11 years old when I saw someone catch one at a dam next to me, until age 35 when I finally caught my first one. It was like a curse I had on me. I fished for them often, I had people standing right next to me using the same lures I was using catch them. But it took me 24 years to catch my first walleye. It was a 17 inch fish. The most beautiful fish I've ever caught. I've caught a number since, though I still struggle to bring them in in any significant numbers, but the wait has made them my absolute top priority fish if I know they're in the water I'm fishing.

Now that I've caught a walleye though, it's no longer a dream for me. My new dream species is a lingcod. I have a buddy that lives in CA and I'm supposed to go out and visit him. We'll be hitting the surf for them.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 am

I was lucky enough to catch a 32.5 inch walleye on my first walleye fishing experience, in a canoe in the boundary waters. I fish for walleyes primarily now. It was kind of like the “new hunter shooting a 150 on his first deer hunting trip”. I don’t think I fully appreciated how awesome it was.

I caught my first sturgeon this spring, that was a blast.

I don’t fish for musky yet. I don’t want to get addicted like my buddies are!

There are so many fish I still want to catch. But, I would say that I am most interested in a Swordfish. I have done some offshore tuna fishing and the power of the ocean fish is absolutely awesome. Would love to have a big long battle with a sword.

Kids are off today for MLK day. We are headed to some Mississippi River backwaters to icefish for some crappies.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:38 am

Hands down a 50” Musky in Fall.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:18 pm

How did i not know there was fishing talk on here!

Dream fish- any fish that i need to get in the water with to take a photo.

Realistic goals- re catching all of my personal bests or bigger so i can throw em on the wall or get a better photo

21” Smallie
28” walleye
12” true blue bluegill
14” crappie

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”