What is your dream fish?

• Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: What is your dream fish?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:A stringer full of 3 lb crappie, one of these days I want to head south in the spring
Or a 6+ smallie, I need to get my but back out on Lake St. Clair. Held two pushing 5 one day

Salt water, I can't even imagine what a dream fish would be. Had a couple huge hammerheads (8+ ft) on that I never landed. That was some screaming line

Dang Lou, a entire stringer of 3lb crappie is one heck of a task. I feel i fish for them more than the avg guy and I ain't ever even caught a single 3 pounder. Funny how the guys who go once or twice a year always seem to catch em. Guess I'm not holding my lips right. When I hear stories of 3lb crappie I hold my breath cause I am willing to bet 9 out of 10 times. You are gonna get a follow up story about how they have some kind of old distant relative who was hired by engineers when the dam was built. Witnessed catfish the size of volkswagons :? I've heard this story over a 100 times by diff guys. Must have been one heck of a dive team :roll:

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
g-inthewild

Unread postby g-inthewild » Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 am

3 miles off the coast, Key Largo, Florida, set up on a weed line pulling in a 30 pound Mahi Mahi.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 am

1. Break the 60# mark on a flathead by hand
2. 200# minimum Goliath Grouper
3. 5# or better smallie
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:A stringer full of 3 lb crappie, one of these days I want to head south in the spring
Or a 6+ smallie, I need to get my but back out on Lake St. Clair. Held two pushing 5 one day

Salt water, I can't even imagine what a dream fish would be. Had a couple huge hammerheads (8+ ft) on that I never landed. That was some screaming line

Dang Lou, a entire stringer of 3lb crappie is one heck of a task. I feel i fish for them more than the avg guy and I ain't ever even caught a single 3 pounder. Funny how the guys who go once or twice a year always seem to catch em. Guess I'm not holding my lips right. When I hear stories of 3lb crappie I hold my breath cause I am willing to bet 9 out of 10 times. You are gonna get a follow up story about how they have some kind of old distant relative who was hired by engineers when the dam was built. Witnessed catfish the size of volkswagons :? I've heard this story over a 100 times by diff guys. Must have been one heck of a dive team :roll:

Dream fish, why not go big boogie. I don't think I ever caught anything over 13 or 14" but I love crappie. Fun and good to eat.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 pm

I hear ya uncle Lou! Just have a gut feeling it's one of those misconceptions like behind every Midwest bush is a 200" buck. I believe my state is towards the top of the list as far as big crappie. My home lake is in the top 5 in the state for size and in a lifetime of fishing them hard I ain't ever caught one. Maybe that should be my dream fish lol. Tell ya what baffles the heck out of me is our warm water lets our crappie really out grow the ones up north. But u guys bluegill get 10x the size of ours. Bring it on down one spring Lou, I can't promise a 3 pounder but I'm good for a good time!
-John Wayne-
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat May 11, 2019 10:31 am

Arctic Char
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm

400 lb. Halibut, 80 lb king salmon and a 40 lb brown trout. ( I was hooked for life on fishing before I started school). Have caught a bunch of trophy fish. If only I was so fortunate with deer, LoL. Green Bay is not so bad most of the time, just around the river mouths in spring.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon May 13, 2019 11:58 pm

Dewey wrote:Up north in Vilas County since the weekend still trying to get my 50" musky! Only one more day to get it done before I have to be back to work! :pray:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

This good dad lets his little guy bring in this 57" monster!
Made me think of you Dewey!
Yeah, I know you don't Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/TRNDVideos/vid ... /?sfnsn=mo
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Stretch
500 Club

Unread postby Stretch » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:03 pm

20190325_174504.jpg

i would like to catch a big sturgeon, got the big halibut of the list a few years ago. 136 lbs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let's go brandon, i agree" JOE BIDEN
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:18 pm

A wall mounter blue gill or largemouth bass. What size that will be will be determined
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:00 pm

For freshwater I'd pick a huge laketrout from a fly in Canadian shield lake. Saltwater maybe a 1000lb marlin of the coast of Maui would do...
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 am

Blonde, blue eyed, goggle eyed Perch
-John Wayne-
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 am

A 50 pound king salmon on a fly rod, would be at the top of my list. My brother used to live up in Anchorage and we did some flossing and caught a bunch of nice chums and pinks. I do have a 50.5" muskie so for around here maybe a 7+ pound large mouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 am

My dream bass is a large mouth that's 10 lb are more.

Been to close to give up. Personally best is 9 lbs 14 once's, second best is 9 lb 12 once's.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:53 am

A5BLASTER wrote:My dream bass is a large mouth that's 10 lb are more.

Been to close to give up. Personally best is 9 lbs 14 once's, second best is 9 lb 12 once's.

If I ever get a 7lb large mouth or a 6lb smallie, its on the wall. Well done on the dual 9+LM
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”