off to canada soon......

• Advertisement

HB Store

tresleggos

off to canada soon......

Unread postby tresleggos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm

hey guys im going to canada w some family may 28 to the 5th on june ill be there for my bday. Im going to red lake ontario area, its pretty much as north west in ontario and is get and theres only pike and walleye and a few perch here and there. im going to a resort called big hook wilderness , the owners are from wisconsin. ANYONE BEEN TO THE RED LAKE AREA??

chad
500 Club

Re: off to canada soon......

Unread postby chad » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 am

never heard of it, sounds like fun! have a good time! 8-)
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: off to canada soon......

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 am

Been to that area a few times.....have a few buddies you have fished Red Lake I believe staying at Weavers Resort? I have hunted in the Woman River area just east of Red lake....I'd say 40 miles +/- as the crow flies. I'll try and get some reports for fishing.....I think they always went 2nd week in may and soaked bloaters. Did pretty well on pike. Every day someone would get a upper 40's fish with 49" being their largest ever. 30-35" were common and really no big deal they said.

Ear Falls is your last town to drive thru, rowdy bunch up that way for bars.....when I was younger we went into town one night( something like 75 mile drive on gravel roads, not real fun that night. ;)

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”