Wisconsin "Go Wild" Licence system kill tags

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Wisconsin "Go Wild" Licence system kill tags

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 am

Dewey wrote:Not sure why they couldn't just come up with something like Iowa has. Basically like we had before with a sticker transportation tag that goes on the deer with a blank box to write your confirmation number on after electronically registered.

After learning more about not having to tag our deer it seems it's would be easier to just tag it right away like we did before. With the new law you have to put your own paper printed tag on the deer anytime you are out of sight of it. This includes your drive home if you happen to stop for gas and go in to pay or things like that where you are away from the deer for any reason.

The tag doesn't need to be affixed to the carcass.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:04 pm

I had to get a copy of my hunters safe for concealed carry and found out I had 3 different dnr #s. I knew the two were wrong as my initial one had the wrong ss# written down. No idea where the 3rd came from. Anywho, now I have no record of ever buying a license besides my first year. So all the licenses I bought this year don't show up. Need to call dnr to figure this out.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:19 pm

We have a similar style system in KY. I laminate my license and my harvest log (tag) and keep it in my pack.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:31 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:Not sure why they couldn't just come up with something like Iowa has. Basically like we had before with a sticker transportation tag that goes on the deer with a blank box to write your confirmation number on after electronically registered.

After learning more about not having to tag our deer it seems it's would be easier to just tag it right away like we did before. With the new law you have to put your own paper printed tag on the deer anytime you are out of sight of it. This includes your drive home if you happen to stop for gas and go in to pay or things like that where you are away from the deer for any reason.

The tag doesn't need to be affixed to the carcass.

From the 2016 regs:

-The carcass tag no longer must be attached immediately after the kill. However, the carcass tag must be attached if the carcass is left unattended. If you leave it, tag it!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:17 pm

I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me. I guess I'll be using more of those zip ties in my pack. I'll likely just zip tie the ziploc once a get back to the truck or during quarter and pack out.

woodswalker
500 Club
Facebook: don't do face book

Unread postby woodswalker » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:14 am

Our tags n PA are now printed by a computer. They are made of a thin Mylar/ plastic material. They are almost impossible to tear even if you try to tear them. The only problem is some pens won't write on them so you must make sure before you go out your pen will work on them.
Life is short, eat dessert first!

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”