EXPECTATIONS

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Re: EXPECTATIONS

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 am

Good luck I'll be following along. I'm looking to get into western hunting too

jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm

cedarsavage wrote:Good luck I'll be following along. I'm looking to get into western hunting too

You didn't ask for it, but my advice is just plan a trip and go. Lots of guys dream about it and say they'll do it "someday"... I got tired of waiting! It's not as complicated as many think.
Not all those who wander are lost...
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm

If it were me, and I was mostly concerned with my own success, I'd just go alone. If I'm going with someone as a team then I'm trying just as hard for their success as mine.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:11 pm

jwilkstn wrote:
cedarsavage wrote:Good luck I'll be following along. I'm looking to get into western hunting too

You didn't ask for it, but my advice is just plan a trip and go. Lots of guys dream about it and say they'll do it "someday"... I got tired of waiting! It's not as complicated as many think.

I'm planning Nebraska for deer/antelope this year and elk hunt in '18 and hopefully Nebraska too. I'd like to do both every year, taking one step at a time. Trying to decide what state I want for elk and think about buying preference points
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Wlog wrote:If it were me, and I was mostly concerned with my own success, I'd just go alone. If I'm going with someone as a team then I'm trying just as hard for their success as mine.

And you have the right guy, you can have both. Good trustworthy partner is hard to find.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:31 am

Wlog wrote:If it were me, and I was mostly concerned with my own success, I'd just go alone. If I'm going with someone as a team then I'm trying just as hard for their success as mine.

Exactly my sentiments.

The whole "someday" comment - "someday" is a code word for never.

If anyone thinks they would like to do it - just do it. You probably don't have to buy much equipment if you don't want to, and can do an antelope hunt for less than $1,000 - especially if you have someone to split the gas with.
moog5050
500 Club

Unread postby moog5050 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 am

Enjoy Rich. You have a great perspective and I have no doubt you guys both will have success!
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:39 am

Rich M wrote:
The whole "someday" comment - "someday" is a code word for never.

If anyone thinks they would like to do it - just do it. You probably don't have to buy much equipment if you don't want to, and can do an antelope hunt for less than $1,000 - especially if you have someone to split the gas with.

I totally agree! I've always talked about deer hunting Iowa, but I'm guessing I never will. So I stopped using "someday".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”