DIY neb muley hunt

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bmoser77

DIY neb muley hunt

Unread postby Bmoser77 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 am

So this year I have decided to head to Nebraska for a week during muzzleloader season and try to Harvest a mule deer. I am from Nw Iowa and have only ever hunted whitetails and am looking for some advice on what kind of area to look for. This will be a public land hunt, I have a couple places in mind but am trying to get a better idea of what kind of terrain/topography I should keep an eye out for. From what information I've gathered, my best odds of having a successful hunt will be in western Nebraska, or central Nebraska in the Sandhills due to higher populations. All of my preseason scouting will be done from the computer unfortunately but that's what I have to work with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hunt aggressively, not recklessly.
stash59

Re: DIY neb muley hunt

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 am

Have you contacted the biologist/s for the areas your looking at. They can often help pinpoint terrain/s that the deer are found in. If you do some research first and can ask and give names for specific spots. They're often more open with you.

Have fun be safe and good luck.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Uncle Lou

Re: DIY neb muley hunt

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 am

I hunted SW Nebraska in 08 with MZ. Had a cousin there, had a great hunt and shot a large doe. Only had 3 days, so I took it on day one, then switched to whitetail, had a doe tag. I think that area was losing mulies to whitetails and that was a ways back, so can offer much help other than what Stash said- call some biologists. I have done that before a few western hunts.

Good luck, I love that big country out there.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”