Anyone else have an "irrational" fear of snakes?

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

blackwolf
500 Club

Re: Anyone else have an "irrational" fear of snakes?

Unread postby blackwolf » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 am

I hate snakes! Dan if you had been my brother you would probably still be running!

hammered 16

Unread postby hammered 16 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 am

I hate snakes last year when me and my bro were bow hunting he was changing his boots and putting his coat on. and right after he got his boots on a 7 foot black snake came out in between his legsand was getting ready to bite him I yelled SNAKE. and he jumped like 10 feet he grabbed his bow and shot it twice. and when we came back it was still alive so my bro got his knife and pulled the arrow out with the snake on it and cut it head off. he hasn't liked snakes since then

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 am

Snakes don't bother me, but my daughter is very afraid of them, even if the are dead!
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:28 am

I used to keep and breed snakes. Most I ever had at one time was 120 not including babies. I enjoyed keeping the snakes and believe it or not there used to be allot of money in the hobby. When I kept that many snakes I had to keep up to 500 rats for breeding and 200 mice. I'll post some pictures later on.
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:33 am

Here are a few of the larger snakes I have encountered. This first was mine, it is a patternless albino burmese python.

This one was also one of mine, the largest snake I have owned. Normal burmese python.

This one I did not own. This is a tiger reticulated python. If I remember right it was 32'.

Cash 18

Unread postby Cash 18 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 am

Snakes aren't the worst for me.... i hate spiders, absolutely terrified of them. Needles, mice, rats and snakes don't bother me but if there is even a little spider i freak!
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 am

i have an irrational fear of spiders and bees. my wife on the other hand said she would leave me if i ever scared her with a snake, real or not. just a piece of rope would send her over the edge. just watching a snake on tv gets her all freaked out.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:12 am

natvbearhntr wrote:Here are a few of the larger snakes I have encountered. This first was mine, it is a patternless albino burmese python.

This one was also one of mine, the largest snake I have owned. Normal burmese python.

This one I did not own. This is a tiger reticulated python. If I remember right it was 32'.

That first snake looked like it was ready to bite you in the neck! To me the only good snake is a dead snake, I am so afraid of them my body locks up when I see them and I have to force myself to move.
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm

when I was breeding snakes the snakes I hatched out were carried a value of $1300 to $15,000. It was a very big business. Now too many people doing it so the market has come down. There still is good money to be made but it takes allot more work than it used to.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:21 pm

natvbearhntr wrote:when I was breeding snakes the snakes I hatched out were carried a value of $1300 to $15,000. It was a very big business. Now too many people doing it so the market has come down. There still is good money to be made but it takes allot more work than it used to.

It would cost me a lot of money in shotgun shells in that business :lol: I do not know how you can hold those things, but then again I don't see how people can climb radio towers to change light bulbs either. If your not afraid of them that is cool, but for me I would be freaking out something fierce!
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:50 am

my wife wasn't real happy about the snakes but over time she learned to tolerate them. She actually helped clean the rats and mice bins with no problem. I did allot of education at the schools for kids and a few presentations for adults. I always thought the more education people had about them the better off I would be.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 am

Looks like you can solve your bear bait issue. Whack them up with an axe and there you go. They say it tastes like chicken...... :lol: :shock:

Did I mention I hate snakes.
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 am

LMAO, if that works I'll let you know.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 am

natvbearhntr wrote:Here are a few of the larger snakes I have encountered. This first was mine, it is a patternless albino burmese python.

Cool looking snakes. 8-)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 am

I don't mind snakes at all and actually think they are pretty cool. Guess I would feel differently if I lived someplace where I would have to deal with poisonous snakes on a daily basis.

Only encounter I ever had with a poisonous snake was out west when I almost stepped on a Rattlesnake when stalking a mule deer. Didn't see him until my foot was about touching it! :shock: Luckily it was cooler out and being lethargic it did not strike me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”