Wisconsin Timber Rattler

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Justin85

Re: Wisconsin Timber Rattler

Unread postby Justin85 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am

What is LBL?

Sorry just trying to get a geographic location.

Lions are possible. They've got one documented from from SD and was finally hit in CT. Doesn't surprise me. As far as DNRs stocking them, well......

The whole BLACK panther thing...that's laughable....regular, faun colored, makes swns just about anywhere in the USA. Young males roam and there's not many places the couldn't eventually migrate to if they wanted to within their young roaming days. Breeding populations and females are a different story.

Heck I migrated from NC to MN. Thought I'd left everything behind that poked, bit or stung.....come to find out we got rattlers and that other one, wolves, bears, yeller jackets, hornets, briars, locust, Skeeter's, flies, poison oak and sumac, and Somalis. A cougar migrating west to east makes sense to me :D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Beartown18
500 Club

Unread postby Beartown18 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:32 am

Justin85 wrote:What is LBL?

Lions are possible. They've got one documented from from SD and was finally hit in CT. Doesn't surprise me. As far as DNRs stocking them, well......

The whole BLACK panther thing...that's laughable....regular, faun colored, makes swns just about anywhere in the USA. Young males roam and there's not many places the couldn't eventually migrate to if they wanted to within their young roaming days. Breeding populations and females are a different story.

Heck I migrated from NC to MN. Thought I'd left everything behind that poked, bit or stung.....come to find out we got rattlers and that other one, wolves, bears, yeller jackets, hornets, briars, locust, Skeeter's, flies, poison oak and sumac, and Somalis. A cougar migrating west to east makes sense to me :D

I think he is referring to the Land between the Lakes on the Northern Middle Tennessee, Southern Middle Kentucky border. I could be wrong though.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:03 am

They are common in my area but I've never seen one. They mostly are found in the bluffs by LaCrosse, WI.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Very cool I like snakes. I consider them allies. They kill and eat the rodents & bugs that torment us.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:48 am

Beartown18 wrote:
Justin85 wrote:What is LBL?

I think he is referring to the Land between the Lakes on the Northern Middle Tennessee, Southern Middle Kentucky border. I could be wrong though.

Yes, LBL = Land Between the Lakes in western KY & TN.

And yea I've had people talk about seein panthers. I'm not buyin it. I wouldn't have believed the stories about mountain lions either if I hadn't seen the newspaper article or the video on the tv. But hey who knows?
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”