Bobcat?

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

Bobcat?

Unread postby tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 am

This is one animal that I've never witnessed or even got pics of..... until now. I checked cams on Friday and was stunned to see videos of this thing on 3 or 4 of my cams. I just told a guy at the gym on Thursday ive never seen one then Friday I find those videos on there. Don't know much about them . Anyone else got these on their farms?

trapper57
500 Club

Re: Bobcat?

Unread postby trapper57 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 am

Yes they are getting pretty common in southern Wisconsin
I've been getting pictures for the last 5 years.
Seen a couple while bow hunting.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am

We had them for as long as I can remember. I just checked my cameras I have out they were on all cams except one. They are neat to watch.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:05 pm

This is the only one I've ever caught more then just a glimpse of.

Before I got down to "attempt" to finish him off, he managed to climb about 10-15' up a tree without the use of his back legs and an arrow hanging on to every vine around...

Also, I would HIGHLY suggest to not go into a tight area to finish one off with a stick..
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Lmao!! Not the Billy club. I get lots of pictures of them at night every year. In all my time in a tree I've seen 3 the first 2 where already past me b4 I knew what was going on. The one I finally got was just special, watched him walk my way from over 75 yards on a frosty morn. He stopped 8 yards away sat down and was licking his paws when I zipped him threw the goodies. I really was stoked and is one of my most special hunts. Them suckers are true stalkers of the woods pure poetry in motion.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 am

I've seen 4 while hunting in SE GA. Pretty cats.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 am

Great trophy whether on camera or killed with a bow.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:45 am

tim wrote:This is one animal that I've never witnessed or even got pics of..... until now. I checked cams on Friday and was stunned to see videos of this thing on 3 or 4 of my cams. I just told a guy at the gym on Thursday ive never seen one then Friday I find those videos on there. Don't know much about them . Anyone else got these on their farms?

It sure is a cool site! 2 years ago in the MO Ozarks was the first time id ever seen a bobcat in my state. On 2 seperate occasions was able to see the same cat.

This was last year at a different location. Its funny bc I didnt even want to go out this evening. Right about prime time a squirrel walked under my stand then froze. Then this bobcat tore out of a creek after him. Chased him up the tree right in front me me. I could have poked him w the arrow. Bc of his early season coat and i couldnt see his tail so I first thought it was a cougar cub. I was curious why Turkey numbers were down... Ill bet this is the culprit! If you watch close I try to spit on him.
https://youtu.be/-QGCpDaJZ0Y

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”