Vendeta, die squirrels

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alleyyooper

Vendeta, die squirrels

Unread postby alleyyooper » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:43 am

Was very over cast as I walked out the door to see if any squirrels were out and about after the rain this morning.

I slipped behind the barn to my deer blind at the edge of the woods with a huge hickory tree at the base of the hill. There are also several big acorn producing Oaks near. When deer hunting from this blind I have squirrels all over the place and even on the porch. Squirrels have chewed a hole thru the blind recent, even more reason to take care of the varmints and get some good eaten.

Wasn’t long after I had loaded the 22 mag mag’s full of rounds and the first squirrel appears coming down the hill. It heads to the creek for a drink then jumps on the log bridge to gain access to the hickory nuts on the other side. Once across the bridge it died of lead poisoning, 3 more to go. The next one comes down along the creek on the hickory tree side, grabs a nut and sets up to chew the hull off and lost his brains, two more to go.

It no sooner stopped twitching when the 4th one comes across the tree limbs till it gets to the hickory tree. Once at the hickory tree it stops, for a rest maybe? When it does it goes into permeant read mode one more to go. Had to wait what I felt like a good 20 minutes for the last one again arriving thru the tree tops. Runs out on a limb grabs a nut that was still hanging, retreated closer to the main trunk and sat up to start chewing . It also was hit in the head and dropped 20 feet thru the branches to the ground.

I am finished for this outting. Michigan allows 5 squirrels and 5 in the fridge or freezer.

I am going to put these in my freezer for a bit then take them to my brother who can’t hunt and really wants some squirrels.

:D Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.
Jackson Marsh

Re: Vendeta, die squirrels

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:15 am

8-)

Nice shooting
BoTheHunter

Re: Vendeta, die squirrels

Unread postby BoTheHunter » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:15 pm

:clap:
alleyyooper wrote:Was very over cast as I walked out the door to see if any squirrels were out and about after the rain this morning.

I slipped behind the barn to my deer blind at the edge of the woods with a huge hickory tree at the base of the hill. There are also several big acorn producing Oaks near. When deer hunting from this blind I have squirrels all over the place and even on the porch. Squirrels have chewed a hole thru the blind recent, even more reason to take care of the varmints and get some good eaten.

Wasn’t long after I had loaded the 22 mag mag’s full of rounds and the first squirrel appears coming down the hill. It heads to the creek for a drink then jumps on the log bridge to gain access to the hickory nuts on the other side. Once across the bridge it died of lead poisoning, 3 more to go. The next one comes down along the creek on the hickory tree side, grabs a nut and sets up to chew the hull off and lost his brains, two more to go.

It no sooner stopped twitching when the 4th one comes across the tree limbs till it gets to the hickory tree. Once at the hickory tree it stops, for a rest maybe? When it does it goes into permeant read mode one more to go. Had to wait what I felt like a good 20 minutes for the last one again arriving thru the tree tops. Runs out on a limb grabs a nut that was still hanging, retreated closer to the main trunk and sat up to start chewing . It also was hit in the head and dropped 20 feet thru the branches to the ground.

I am finished for this outting. Michigan allows 5 squirrels and 5 in the fridge or freezer.

I am going to put these in my freezer for a bit then take them to my brother who can’t hunt and really wants some squirrels.
:clap: :clap: :doh: :dance: :clap:
:D Al

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”