Bite stories!

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bedbug

Re: Bite stories!

Unread postby Bedbug » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Yeah worst of my own.... a Jack donkey.. not wild but he bit deep deep into my lower neck upper shoulder. The moment was ended by my friends grandpa
(the owner) who came between the jack and I only to have his entire forearm ripped off down to the bone.
First donkey bite and first time helping load someone via life flight.
Still not a donkey fan.. when its donkey rut the jacks mean bizz.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Bedbug wrote:Yeah worst of my own.... a Jack donkey.. not wild but he bit deep deep into my lower neck upper shoulder. The moment was ended by my friends grandpa
(the owner) who came between the jack and I only to have his entire forearm ripped off down to the bone.
First donkey bite and first time helping load someone via life flight.
Still not a donkey fan.. when its donkey rut the jacks mean bizz.

I would of been eating Donkey steaks after that. :shock:
DeadHeadSpread

Unread postby DeadHeadSpread » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 am

Found this old thread and it is some really good entertainment. Thought it would be a cool one to dredge up for some more stories. Mine aren’t nearly as good as most of the one’s already told, but will tell.

In my early 20’s I was out driving around and was headed to a friend’s house. There laid a 5 foot black snake across the road. I pulled over, jumped out, and wrangled with the critter a little until I had him caught. In the process he whacked me twice on the hand. I had no container so I held him wrapped around my arm while I drove with one hand to my friend’s house. His little sister answered the door and freaked out screaming when she saw a big snake wrapped around my bloody hand. A week later the one bite wasn’t healing and I ended up digging one of the snake’s tiny white teeth out of the wound.

One day I was out cutting firewood. I was about through a tree I was cutting down and as it started to fall a black cloud came out. Bees! I started running as the cloud surrounded my head. I started getting bit, was screaming, and dropped the running chain saw all at once. Arms flailing and swatting I screamed and ran a long ways til the bees were gone. I crept back to get my saw and determined they were white faced hornets, who were not happy that I cut down their hollow tree. Only ended up with 3 bites, all on my face, but they hurt! Needless to say I didn’t finish cutting that tree up.

My brother and I delivered newspapers on our bikes as kids. Both of us got bit all the time by dogs, usually little ankle biters. The two meanest dogs around were on his part of the route. Both of those dogs hated him for some reason, and they both eventually got loose and tore into him. He has scars on his rear end from both a bloodthirsty Dalmatian and big mutt named May May.
Big Tracks Matter
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:19 am

When I was ten years old. I was running and playing in yard after dark. Got bit by Copperhead snake. Go lucky very little venom. There was a numb feeling for about 5 years where it bit me. Swelling was bad but that was about it.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:46 pm

Been bit by more dogs than I would like to admit. My mother's Great Pyrenees/Rottweiler mix got me pretty good a few times.

Nearly got attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas when I was little. Those and Pugs are meaner than snot.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:29 am

A 72-year old guy in Ohio last week had one of his arms nearly bitten off by a territorial ZEBRA stallion he had in captivity.
A responding Sheriff's Deputy put a 12 gauge slug between its' eyes when it tried to get to the EMT's on the scene.

Having been bitten hard on the shoulder by a mean horse that when I was about eight, I can somewhat sympathize with the both the victim AND the Deputy...I walked straight to the garage, and my Dad had to wrestle a 3-1/2 pound Michigan axe away from me as I headed back to the horse.

I was seriously going to kill that .- (the horse, not my Dad)- no two ways about it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:33 am

KRONIIK wrote:A 72-year old guy in Ohio last week had one of his arms nearly bitten off by a territorial ZEBRA stallion he had in captivity.
A responding Sheriff's Deputy put a 12 gauge slug between its' eyes when it tried to get to the EMT's on the scene.

Having been bitten hard on the shoulder by a mean horse that when I was about eight, I can somewhat sympathize with the both the victim AND the Deputy...I walked straight to the garage, and my Dad had to wrestle a 3-1/2 pound Michigan axe away from me as I headed back to the horse.

I was seriously going to kill that .- (the horse, not my Dad)- no two ways about it.

There was also a donkey that de-gloved a dude’s arm (the owner) not that long ago. That’s freaking brutal.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”