Bite stories!

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
Crazinamatese

Re: Bite stories!

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:23 pm

My story. I was bit by at least 150 fire ants at Ft. Benning, GA in 2001 during basic training. We were road marching one early morning before sunrise. We were a little ways from the main post on some back road. After every few miles, we would lay in the prone in the ditch to "pull security", as guys would run up and down and refill canteens as we would sip water. This was usually the best time to catch a quick nap if you dared. The morning was kinda cool, the grass in the ditch was damp from the dew. I didn't think anything of it, I just laid down in the prone. We got up, and proceeded to march in the dark. I began to itch a little around my belt line. I thought maybe I laid in some burning nettles or something. We looped around and headed back to Sand Hill, where our barracks were. As we came into our drill floor at the barracks, I noticed I was covered in ants, alot of them. I must have laid right on a fire ant hill in the dark. We got into our platoon formation at the position of attention before being dismissed to go into our barracks to put away our gear. I threw off my ruck sack, my LBV, and unbuttoned my blouse. The Drill Sergeant saw this and quickly walked threw the formation ranks to get up in my face as to why I wasn't at the position of attention. He saw ants falling off of me and crawling away on the concrete drill floor. He yells. "GET OUTTA MY FORMATION FREAKSHOW!" So I did and h dismissed the platoon and came up to me and had me go into the wash room where the platoon washed laundry and had me spray myself down with a hose. By that time, the bites were swelling up fast. They were all over my back, neck, stomach. The looked like little pimples. The Drill Sergeant came back in a few minutes later and told me to turn around. I did, "Holy $$$$&&, Private, get your but in the shower and rinse yourself with as much soap as possible". So I did. I showered, started to dry myself off and my eyes began to swell shut and I was having a hard time breathing. I went into the Drill Sergeant's office and told him what was going on. He drove me to the infirmary where they laid me in some bath solution with epsom salt and I took some anti-histamine stuff. I was fine after a few hours. Thats my bite story.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 pm

The worst bite that I was the recipient of was from a human.. :o
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Zap wrote:The worst bite that I was the recipient of was from a human.. :o

Sounds like a story that needs to be told!! :shock:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Dewey wrote:

:think:
It all happened pretty fast a long time ago..... :whistle:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Hahahahaha! What a dumb !
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:07 pm

The year was about 1970. It was a warm summer night. We were playing chase in my Grandmother's back yard. I stopped by an old car. I felt something sting me above my ankle. I look down an there was a copperhead hanging on the side of my leg. I took off running. I ran in the house an was yelling an my Grandpa slapped me. I told them that I had been (apparently for life) snake bit. They rushed me to the local doctor an I remember him X the marks with a scallop an doing something else. I did not sleep that night for fear of thinking I might not wake up. That spot felt numb for around five or six years.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 pm

My 6yr old got bitten at school today. I think they are making to much of a fuss. It was a 4 yr old who bit him. Sorry to swerve of the topic :-)

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
semperfidelis

Unread postby semperfidelis » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Dan's skunk story and the spider story provided great family entertainment this evening!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Zap wrote:
Dewey wrote:

:think:
It all happened pretty fast a long time ago..... :whistle:

Women can be vicious ..........:mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Dan, it's pretty impressive that you have made it as long as you have lol!! Your poor mom must have had a heart of iron!!

Great stories though!! :lol:
Make It Happen
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 pm

When I first heard of Dan and met him, I googled his name to see and read about the bucks he had shot. One of the first articles that was displayed was the incident report of the skunk. Made a great impression. Lol.

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:12 pm

I've only gotten bitten a few times nothing like you guys but have been alittle afraid of snakes since. I was young going down to creek to catch chubs. And a snake crossed in front. I thought hey pick it up. It latch onto my finger and their was that pause. When you look over at your buddy and realize their is a snake on your finger. Then the scream while your looking at it and I flipped that baby around till he got dizzy and he flew off. My buddy's like want to go home. I said no mom wont let me come back fishing , she gets all dramatic. He goes you can die from a snake bite and I said in a few hours I got time to fish

I was wondering Is their an article on Dans famous skunk bite. Or am I missing something A quick google search and I was like. OOO Dan but with a M. that hurt and will be hard to live down. Your lucky you don't work in the shop by me the guys would never let that go. And Len's bite dang that's a good one too.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Big toe vs. Pitbull. I'd like to think I actually won, considering the Pitbull was trying to remove my foot and did not succeed.
I was in the second grade, and the playground of our elementary school butted up against the backyards of some residential houses, separated by a chain link fence. During recess, the dog would non-stop bark at us kids. We learned to tune him out. On this particular day, the ball that we were playing with rolled over by the fence, and we would run in a gang and try to grab it first. Of course with a chain link fence there, we were perfectly safe, even when the ball rolled up right next to the fence. Or so I thought...
I didn't even have time to realize that I was lying on my back, apparently just the tip of my shoe had went underneath of the fence, and Mr Pitbull did not miss. . Thank God for those corrective shoes! Those ugly brown shoes. His top canine pierced down through the top of my shoe, but his bottom teeth couldn't penetrate the thick sole. He had his tooth sunk into my big toe, and had drug me under the fence to my knee. he was giving it his all to try to pull my foot off. it seemed as though it were minutes, but I know it only lasted a few seconds at most. I actually had the Peace of Mind to realize I had to remove my toe off of the tooth, so I pulled my toe down and then pulled my foot from the shoe. He thought he had succeeded and was shaking his prize back and forth. I used the distraction, and my other leg, to push myself back from underneath the fence. I was completely surrounded by a bunch of really freaking out 7 year olds all looking down at me! I thank Mrs Pitcher, the lunch aide, who carried me from there to the office.
A couple school officials got the shoe back... one distracted the dog while another reached under the fence and grabbed it... brilliant. :think:
My mom made me wear that stupid shoe with a leather square glued over the hole. :oops:
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I was weedeating and hit a red ant hill had hundreds if not thousand plus attack me instantly. I dropped the weedeater started running and screaming removing my lower clothes and boots fast as i could probably had 100 plus bites Ankles still have scars.

I was 15 home alone Went to go get the mail barefooted took a step off my front porch the snake was under the step and had a 15 inch copperhead attached to my right foot. Felt like a burning little needle like a thorn. I went in house called parents they were working 40 minutes away. After about 20 minutes i was in severe pain and passed out. Didn't go to a hospital it drained every bit of energy in my body took 3 weeks before i regained strengh. The flu and pneumonia are nothing compared to a snake bite.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”