Hunting flashlight - what to look at?

Chat about surviving, preventing, and being prepared for emergencies in the Outdoors
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MikeHunter
Facebook: -

Hunting flashlight - what to look at?

Unread postby MikeHunter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

It's no secret that success in hunting depends on many factors and moments. Undoubtedly, experience and high-quality weapons, as well as luck, are fundamental. But an essential role is also played by auxiliary equipment, among which the lantern is. There are a lot of manufacturers producing various types of flashlights for hunting. But giving preference to one or the other device you need to remember that it must meet the following requirements: durability and reliability; must withstand the vibration of the weapon; be able to be securely installed on the weapon; have multiple backlight modes; be simple in operation; have a waterproof and durable case; have a reliable and long food.
Properly selected best hunting flashlight will not only help you during the hunt, but will also perfectly perform all the functions assigned to it.

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: Hunting flashlight - what to look at?

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:33 am

i carry a small headlamp that runs on a single aa battery i try and make all my electronics carry the same batteries as well. one thing that everybody should practice is changing a battery in total darkness. another good thing is make a dedicated place you put that light on your person where you can never forget it. make sure its in a zippered pocket. i keep mine in my bino pack with all my other essential gear for simple reason that piece of gear always stays on my person in the field no matter what im doing.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Noreast10pt

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am

MikeHunter wrote:It's no secret that success in hunting depends on many factors and moments. Undoubtedly, experience and high-quality weapons, as well as luck, are fundamental. But an essential role is also played by auxiliary equipment, among which the lantern is. There are a lot of manufacturers producing various types of flashlights for hunting. But giving preference to one or the other device you need to remember that it must meet the following requirements: durability and reliability; must withstand the vibration of the weapon; be able to be securely installed on the weapon; have multiple backlight modes; be simple in operation; have a waterproof and durable case; have a reliable and long food.
Properly selected

[url=https://gearexpertguides.com/best-hunting-flashlights/]best hunting flashlight[url

will not only help you during the hunt, but will also perfectly perform all the functions assigned to it.

Spam post with a hidden link...
Who uses a weapon mounted light for hunting?
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 pm

If you look directly at it and don't get many spots then it's not a good one!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Noreast10pt wrote:
MikeHunter wrote:It's no secret that success in hunting depends on many factors and moments. Undoubtedly, experience and high-quality weapons, as well as luck, are fundamental. But an essential role is also played by auxiliary equipment, among which the lantern is. There are a lot of manufacturers producing various types of flashlights for hunting. But giving preference to one or the other device you need to remember that it must meet the following requirements: durability and reliability; must withstand the vibration of the weapon; be able to be securely installed on the weapon; have multiple backlight modes; be simple in operation; have a waterproof and durable case; have a reliable and long food.
Properly selected

[url=https://gearexpertguides.com/best-hunting-flashlights/]best hunting flashlight[url

will not only help you during the hunt, but will also perfectly perform all the functions assigned to it.

I was about to post the same thing lol. Do that here and get caught...you’ll be hit with some hefty fines
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm

checkerfred wrote:
Noreast10pt wrote:
Properly selected

I was about to post the same thing lol. Do that here and get caught...you’ll be hit with some hefty fines

It is legal in some states for predator hunting and or pigs.

I'll look into the spam thing!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
camelcluch

Unread postby camelcluch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:27 am

Zebra lights are nice. They go from .5 lumens to 1000. Small and light weight they fit nicely in a pocket. They only issue for me is no red light but I’m sure you can find a lens somewhere.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:55 am

I like Gerber recon as my main light. Best light for the money I've found with great battery life. Has red green blue white colors.

Maglite solitaire led is a amazing backup light only 1 hour battery though.Tiny but gets the job done.
Build the wall!

Return to “Outdoor Survival”