I want to ice fish. I have alot of questions...

• Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Re: I want to ice fish. I have alot of questions...

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 am

Cool!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Last Saturday during the Veteran get together. It was a pretty slow day on the ice, fish were very hesitant. I only caught 2 crappies. Some guys set up nearby in the morning and were catching fish. They were Vets too and we stuck together for rest of the day. Thats the great thing about Veterans. We aren't afraid to introduce ourselves and hang out. Complete strangers too. The only thing that mattered is that we served in the same war and we love the outdoors. It was nice to be around them. Hope to see them again next year.

That is what its all about right there! 8-)
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I've been so busy with hockey that I haven't had time to fish. this Friday and Saturday I will be on the ice. can't wait.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:50 am

Fished yesterday with the father-in-law up in NW WI. He hasn't ice fished in alot of years, so he is trying to get back into it. We first fished about 20 feet of water and really nothing was showing up on the showdown. So decided to move to 15 feet and pulled in 3 crappies in a row that were hanging out at about 10 feet. The crappie loved the banana bug jig in red with a waxie. We ended up catching about a dozen bluegills and crappie all together. Good times. We are planning on fishing again next weekend.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:06 am

Nice work crazin! Fun reading through this, and a ton of great knowledge shared by beast members. I definitely learned some good stuff here.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks hunter Mike. Anyone here ever use Lake-Link? That website barely works and never loads for me more than half the time I try to get on there. They even have a premium membership plan. Sure glad i don't pay to use their site. Is there a server problem with them?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Thanks hunter Mike. Anyone here ever use Lake-Link? That website barely works and never loads for me more than half the time I try to get on there. They even have a premium membership plan. Sure glad i don't pay to use their site. Is there a server problem with them?

works just fine on my end and fast to .....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Thanks hunter Mike. Anyone here ever use Lake-Link? That website barely works and never loads for me more than half the time I try to get on there. They even have a premium membership plan. Sure glad i don't pay to use their site. Is there a server problem with them?

I have had problems with it too during parts of the day for awhile now. Very slow and then fine a few minutes later even on my new computer.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Lake-link worked early this morning and hasn't for rest of the day. I have noticed the site works when it wants. Not sure.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:Lake-link worked early this morning and hasn't for rest of the day. I have noticed the site works when it wants. Not sure.

I was on it all day on and off worked fine for me :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:11 pm

I dont know. I finally got the site to load a few minutes ago. I sent the admin a message, which took about five minutes to process :roll: . Can't believe they make people pay for a site that barely works.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:14 pm

I been doing pretty well recently on the ice. Caught a bunch of nice perch and a big bluegill last weekend. I also bought the performance pack for my showdown troller. IMO, its a must have item. It comes with an adjustable harness that secures your device so its not hanging off your neck or laying somewhere where it can get wet or stepped on. It also comes with a nice carrying bag. It does not come with a 12 volt battery. Fleet Farm had a sale on 12 volt batteries for about $17 so I got one. I noticed the performance pack goes out of stock quick on the Marcum website so I didn't hesitate to get one when the opportunity presented itself. I feel like a pro fisherman now. lol! I love ice fishing! Also, if you don't have a spring bobber on your ice rods, you are missing out.

These were from last weekend.

U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Great job man, those are some good looking fish. I have been out of ice fishing for a while now but all this talk has me wanting to get back into it!
"Freedom Isn't Free"
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

So remember when I bought the Marcum Showdown Troller for ice fishing? A few weeks ago while out fishing it wouldn't turn off. :? the power button didn't work and some of the other buttons did work though. So, I had to unplug it from the 12 volt battery to turn it off, but it still worked. No big deal. I thought I would wait until this spring to send it in to get it serviced. One day I plugged it back in to the battery and this time it would turn on, but some funky stuff showed on the screen and the transducer wasn't clicking. None of the buttons worked either. It seemed the problem became worse over a few days. Not sure how. So, I sent it in to Marcum and a week later I got a brand new Marcum 2.0 for no charge or questions asked. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”