• Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Looking for advice on flasher purchase

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:08 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:For $500 I have the opinion that these units are pixie dust! :mrgreen:

For 1 small moment I considered that all this talk of fish cameras might have some bearing...

I'll just walk 200-yards into my cove, chip a small hole, stab a minnow on a line and catch fish - I must have the "mid-westerners" lake in my front yard ;)

Too rich for my blood!
DOES look like some nice units - Although, I would buy an Ozonics before one of these units :lol:

WOW :?

I would not waste my time, money or effort fishing with out my flasher

ill pay $500 buck on something that will give me years of enjoyment catching fish all day long

rather then something that coast 500-700 (ozonics) THAT DOSE NOT GET ME A BIG BUCK EVERY YEAR ;) :think: :think: :think:

Ed I'm with BH on this one sorry.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:53 am

olivertractor wrote:Image
Done deal, late Xmas gift for me, probably could've waited for little better deal, but I like premeditated impulse buys!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

:clap: Keep us posted
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:05 am

x2, I would stop ice fishing if I couldn't use a flasher. That would be like walking into the woods in the total dark to a spot you have never been to, and hoping to get on a good buck when the sun comes up. Not gonna have the odds in your favor 99% of the time.

Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:For $500 I have the opinion that these units are pixie dust! :mrgreen:

For 1 small moment I considered that all this talk of fish cameras might have some bearing...

I'll just walk 200-yards into my cove, chip a small hole, stab a minnow on a line and catch fish - I must have the "mid-westerners" lake in my front yard ;)

Too rich for my blood!
DOES look like some nice units - Although, I would buy an Ozonics before one of these units :lol:

ill pay $500 buck on something that will give me years of enjoyment catching fish all day long

rather then something that coast 500-700 (ozonics) THAT DOSE NOT GET ME A BIG BUCK EVERY YEAR ;) :think: :think: :think:

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:30 am

Brad wrote:x2, I would stop ice fishing if I couldn't use a flasher. That would be like walking into the woods in the total dark to a spot you have never been to, and hoping to get on a good buck when the sun comes up. Not gonna have the odds in your favor 99% of the time.

Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Too rich for my blood!

I live on a mid-westerners lake - where there is a fish behind every tree...
Get it now guys?

I don't need a fish finder to get my fish - my fish spot is like Lee & Tiff's hunting spot. They're just there!!!
FYI - I wouldn't buy an Ozonics either - I guess Oliver was the only one that saw my humor in that portion of my sarcastic post - COME ON GUYS, it's me your typing to :mrgreen:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:29 am

BigHunt wrote:
olivertractor wrote:Image
Done deal, late Xmas gift for me, probably could've waited for little better deal, but I like premeditated impulse buys!

:clap: Keep us posted

It'll get a workout next Friday for 6 days on Lakers in Ontario :)

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Brad wrote:x2, I would stop ice fishing if I couldn't use a flasher. That would be like walking into the woods in the total dark to a spot you have never been to, and hoping to get on a good buck when the sun comes up. Not gonna have the odds in your favor 99% of the time.

Stanley wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Too rich for my blood!

I live on a mid-westerners lake - where there is a fish behind every tree...
Get it now guys?

I don't need a fish finder to get my fish - my fish spot is like Lee & Tiff's hunting spot. They're just there!!!
FYI - I wouldn't buy an Ozonics either - I guess Oliver was the only one that saw my humor in that portion of my sarcastic post - COME ON GUYS, it's me your typing to :mrgreen:

Thanx for the recognition Ed! :)

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Nice buy -- good luck in Ontario! Reminds me I need to go buy a backup battery for an upcoming trip...

olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Fl18 was all I hoped it would be, bottom 6' zoom was huge deciphering between eel pout, walleyes and lakers once we figure it out. The one thing that bothered me was that transducer kept getting froze in the holder (minimal complaint, cause could probably prevent easily), also I liked the old float stopper I had on my old fl8, seems was fumbling around with it more than normal. Either way I landed my biggest laker thru the ice, 14 lbs, mid to upper 30", weighed him but due to hands froze and wanting to get him back in I didn't measure him, great trip, happy with the bed purchase! :)

U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Sweet! Good job man.
"Freedom Isn't Free"
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:09 pm

8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 am

Vex not bed purchase! Some reason edit post wouldn't come up? Even though I could use a bed too :)

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:04 am

olivertractor wrote:Vex not bed purchase! Some reason edit post wouldn't come up? Even though I could use a bed too :)

Probably had "buck bed" on your mind! :lol:

That's OK it happens to us all. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:23 am

Nice!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”