Propane Ice Augers ?!?

• Advertisement

HB Store

solocam88
500 Club

Re: Propane Ice Augers ?!?

Unread postby solocam88 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 am

Propane is the way to go. 2 tanks will last all season guaranteed start for me on the 2nd pull every time regardless of how cold it is

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 am

Man, if there's any doubt as to why I love the Hunting Beast, this thread demonstrates it to the max! Great information both pro and con, which is exactly what I need to make an educated decision. Plus, this information is from the guys that are on the ice, getting the job done... tell me where I'm going to find a better source! Thanks to you all. 8-)
wiscoz7

Unread postby wiscoz7 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:59 pm

I am on my 3rd season with my Pro 4 10"...I love this auger! It starts within 2 pulls, doesn't matter how cold it is. During the season it is either in my unheated garage or waiting for me out in the ice shack. ALWAYS starts, with mine you just barely touch the throttle and pull it, fires right up. Make sure you detach the tank when you're not using it and change the oil after every season. It will be milky white because of the propane moisture. The only thing I don't like about it is having to keep it standing up or laying it down with the propane tank up. It doesn't bother me, but you have to make sure your buddies know about it, otherwise you'll be pulling the carb off and cleaning the oil that leaked into it!!!!(found out first hand!!) I like to drill a lot of holes for jigging walleye, and I'm probably getting 100 holes out of a tank.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
megwan

Unread postby megwan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 am

my brother in law bought the pro 4 this year, and I think they are the way to go. Pros: no spilled gas all over equipment. Starts quickly. No worries if you forget to summerize before you put it away, as theres no gas to go bad. No mixing gas and oil. The only con I can see so far is super cold weather starting, just bring propane in the fish house with ya. I think all the other pros are worth the hassle of bringing tank in.

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”