Walleye Struggle

• Advertisement

HB Store

JAK
500 Club

Re: Walleye Struggle

Unread postby JAK » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:27 am

I'd agree with signing bridge don't jig to much but also to little.. I'll jig a with a few rips depending on what bait u chose they all have a time and place but when I have a fish comeing I'm not very aggressive at all it's usually just a slow raise for me try to match the speed of the fish and that usually gets the job done. For me anyways

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 am

Forkhorn wrote:When you say slide shallow, how shallow? We fish usually on a break in between two points where it drops from a bay that’s 10’ deep to the big part of the lake which is 25-30’. So the break from 10-28’ is pretty fast. Should I be set up on top or on the break. We usually fish from 3:00 PM to 6:00PM

Drill all your holes when you get there so you don't make noise later on. Drill holes to cover the complete break so you can hop around. Start deep and work back to shallow and just keep hopping around.
Forkhorn

Unread postby Forkhorn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:11 am

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get out on Tuesday and used some of the tactics said on this thread. I ended up pulling up a nice 14” walleye to bring home to the frying pan and had plenty of fish follow and missed bites. The buckshot rattling spoon(orange + white) seemed to do the trick that night!

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”