Hit 100 sheds for 2012 today

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Re: Hit 100 sheds for 2012 today

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:38 am

I wasnt dissing you moon. As a matter of fact I admire the amount of time and dedication you put into the sport. I will admit I have never heard of that many sheds being found in a year let alone a lifetime. I was just confused on a couple of your statements is all. Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work man! Looking foreward to more big shed pics! 8-)

moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:21 am

BigHills BuckHunter wrote:I wasnt dissing you moon. As a matter of fact I admire the amount of time and dedication you put into the sport. I will admit I have never heard of that many sheds being found in a year let alone a lifetime. I was just confused on a couple of your statements is all. Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work man! Looking foreward to more big shed pics! 8-)

Sorry for getting defensive to you and everyone else. Shedhunting is huge out here, that's all. You got to live out here to understand a lot of things that I couldn't begin to try to explain on a keyboard. I know a couple guys that have 1000+ lifetime. I also know a guy that has 3 or 4 straight years of 100 antlers. I didn't really get into it until I checked out a local hunting site, marylandwhitetail.com - then I saw that there were a bunch of guys that were putting up 50-80 a year regularly, some more and some less. There are some major "shedheads" out here that really tear into some ground. I have made good friends with a guy that gave up hunting because it was cutting into his vacation time from work - so he decided to exclusively shed hunt and use all of his vacation on shed hunting. I ended up talking to a couple guys, started going more and more, and then I got set on finding the antlers of a couple specific deer because I was freaked out someone else would- and walking until I found them. As I talk to more and more of these guys, you start seeing that there are major overlaps in shedding areas. Me and two guys that I am now buddies with share about 10 or 15 spots - it takes a lot of coordinating and you have to be pretty open with a lot of people with where you looked and when you looked there, because we don't want to waste each other's time and end up screwing someone's whole day up. That's the problem since there is only so much private ground. You run out of private ground pretty quick and then it's out to public and park property to try to beat everyone to the antlers.

As an update, I went out the majority of the day and picked up 2. One is a pretty big fresh antler. I plan on going for a while tomorrow after I get some good sleep. I'm pretty burnt out and work next week will be a nice break from shed hunting - at least until late afternoon Monday when I'm sure I'll start itching to go again.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 pm

That's awesome Moon! Insane! Keep it up man.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Monster Raxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tom.lester#!/pr ... 0779026926

Unread postby Monster Raxx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 am

That is AWESOME! You definetly put your time in, I am glad it pays off for you.

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”