HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: Never find sheds!!

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 am

^^^That is amazing.

Welcome to the site.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 am

bonecollector wrote:I live in maine far fewer deer here cause winter is brutal but i find about a hundred sheds a year ..its tough but you have to be patient persistant ! They are out there .and timing is everything ...look in food sources ...also bucks tend to stay off the beaten paths ive hiked hundreds of miles on these trails never find any on them .they tend to walk alone and make there own path .my experience! Good luck

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Say What?
WOW!!

Southern or Coastal?

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:I've only found two antlers in my life and both were found when I wasn't even trying to look for them.

I find mine the same way and average one probably ever other year while scouting in spring. Never really found one on purpose because I'm scouting not shed hunting. Probably walk right past them all the time.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 pm

bonecollector wrote:I live in maine far fewer deer here cause winter is brutal but i find about a hundred sheds a year ..its tough but you have to be patient persistant ! They are out there .and timing is everything ...look in food sources ...also bucks tend to stay off the beaten paths ive hiked hundreds of miles on these trails never find any on them .they tend to walk alone and make there own path .my experience! Good luck

Welcome to the Beast.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Rubline

Unread postby Rubline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:58 am

Welcome bonecollector 100 sheds is awesome. I do a lot of glassing figuring out where the deer are wintering and to spot bucks still carrying and half racks. As said already, learn where the deer are bunched up for the winter. Also, ask permission to shed hunt land that is not yours. Don't overlook public land.
bonecollector

Unread postby bonecollector » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:57 am

Ty guys ! Only reason i find so many is cause i walk every day all day about 60 days a year i make good money selling them and im a bit addicted .lol mostly moose paddles .just had a lady that owns acadia antlers drive up from new jersey and she bought 183 moose paddles off me .filled a van ..and i bought a new snomobile ...

bonecollector

Unread postby bonecollector » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:04 am

Central maine ..and i get about 20- 30 deer sheds on average .and usually 50- 100 moose sheds .should have specified sorry 100 deer sheds in maine would be unreal ! The deer popultion in maine is worse than ive ever seen right now after the last two winters .

bulldawgfan007

Unread postby bulldawgfan007 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:54 am

I'll be building a shed trap this year to put corn in. Even if you only get a few sheds in the trap they are a few sheds you didn't have to walk for. I'll put it in areas the target deer frequent.
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Ive found two in 5 years

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”