Shed hunting the marsh

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

alfsisaiah

Shed hunting the marsh

Unread postby alfsisaiah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:10 am

I just uncovered a piece of marsh ground to hunt for next year. I have never hunted a marsh before and plan on doing a lot of post season scouting very soon. I also am a shed junky. Do you guys have much luck shed hunting in marshes? I know high cover areas like that can be very difficult to find sheds in. Thoughts?

Dewey

Re: Shed hunting the marsh

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:20 am

Very hard to find sheds in marshes. Been hunting/ scouting them my entire life and only found a handful. So many place for them to hide unless you get lucky and find them right in a bed. Much easier in open timber or farmlands.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 am

The marsh swallows them up pretty good. Some marshes can be tough to scout if the water is high and there's lots of ice and snow. Sign from the fall can get covered up easily. Especially when you're looking for beds that don't get used in the winter.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:05 am

Depends if your deer winter in the marsh. I find a few in marshes every year without really looking for them. But once it melts out there they sink if there not laying in a bed or on high ground. I have found a few big old ones while walking in marshs when I step on them and you feel something that don't belong in a muck and cattail area.

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”