Potential in-town hotspot

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetail_addict

Potential in-town hotspot

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

So I live in an apartment/townhome complex toward the edge of town and near the local industrial park as well as the local city airport being about a mile away through undeveloped grassy brushy flatland. Well tonight there was a grass fire that got out of hand between my place and the airport and ended up being put out within a couple hours by the local fire department. I happen to know a guy on the fire department who called me after the fact to inform me that a couple of the fire fighters had found 3 sheds all from different bucks as well as a dead head buck in the burned area just a few hundred yards out my front door. Three sheds found near my home by guys that weren't even looking for them got my attention. I had thought of walking out there in the past but for whatever reason never have. I guess it's just one of those spots you ignore with it being right in town with little woods or food out there.

Well chances are I'll be coming down with something that will cause me to walk for sheds instead of work tomorrow morning haha. I gotta believe there may be plenty more where those came from especially in the unburned stuff they couldn't easily see in.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Potential in-town hotspot

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:06 pm

That's cool! Can't beat a hunting spot out your back door. I to found a dead head after a prescribed burn in a crp field this year. Not sure why one of the workers didn't pick it up. It stuck out like a sore thumb against the black ground.I have talked with the owner of the company that does the burns. He told me they find lots of sheds after doing burns. One was a monster non typical that would score boon. He said its his prized possession. He told me they do a lot of work on conservacy properties and private land.
sheddinva

Re: Potential in-town hotspot

Unread postby sheddinva » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 am

These are the only type of spots I shed hunt. You can cover the whole area in no time and they usually hold more and bigger bucks due to no hunting pressure

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”