Got a text from a buddy this morning

• Advertisement

HB Store

Chinook

Re: Got a text from a buddy this morning

Unread postby Chinook » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I don't mind trapping, we are on the top of the food chain for a reason. There are simply too many coons and possums and coyotes, evidence of that is seen along any highway. While a few hours in a foot trap would seem horrible and probably is, the simple truth is that same animal would most likely die a far worse death via mange or starvation.

Yep, I've never seen a fox with rabies (that I know of) but I've seen plenty with mange. It's a nasty disease and I always feel sorry for any animal that has it.

matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow, this is one conversation I never thought would happen on is forum...it's too bad that it has. I can understand feeling bad for the animal, I've felt bad for some that I didn't do a great job of killing right away. But we need to stick up for one another not question a sport that's been around as long as the human race has been around. We are at the top of the food chain for a reason, God put us there.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 pm

matt1336 wrote:Wow, this is one conversation I never thought would happen on is forum...it's too bad that it has. I can understand feeling bad for the animal, I've felt bad for some that I didn't do a great job of killing right away. But we need to stick up for one another not question a sport that's been around as long as the human race has been around. We are at the top of the food chain for a reason, God put us there.

:? :confusion-confused: who?????
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Chinook

Unread postby Chinook » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:54 am

I agree matt, we do need to stick together. Trapping is an important conservation tool, as is hunting, and an important part of our heritage. For me it's a way of life. Trappers are on the front lines in the fight to preserve our rights and if trapping is outlawed, I believe hunting won't be far behind ... probably start with bowhunting.

Bighunt, it's all good :D , if we lived closer I'd invite you along on my line one day. I'd love to spend some time hunting whitetails with you too, I'm sure I could learn somethings.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 am

matt1336 wrote:Wow, this is one conversation I never thought would happen on is forum...it's too bad that it has. I can understand feeling bad for the animal, I've felt bad for some that I didn't do a great job of killing right away. But we need to stick up for one another not question a sport that's been around as long as the human race has been around. We are at the top of the food chain for a reason, God put us there.

I never said I had a problem with trappers..... I know lots of them, and have no problem with it.... All I said was, I would have a hard time killing a fox. I had one under my stand a couple times last year, and it was fun just watching her ( or him ) playing around with one of her young ones. It's the first red fox I have seen on our land in 10 years.... They are pretty rare around me, so I like to just watch them when I get a chance...... Now, a coyote ? They are fair game ! ;)
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 am

BigHunt wrote:

Wow. If you are being serious and don't believe then I truely feel sorry for you.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 am

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Wow. If you are being serious and don't believe then I truely feel sorry for you.

ya i hear mud...... i feel sorry for my self sometimes :(
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Carol
Site Admin

Unread postby Carol » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 am

BigHunt wrote:

With out trying to hi-jack this thread..... I am not one to push my beliefs in god down anyone's throat. I attended catholic schools my whole life. Graduated from Divine Savior Holy Angles High School (an all girl high school). My beliefs are my beliefs and I wont preach to you. (I do believe Kharma is a ......)

For those who are atheists, what is it that makes you believe there is no God?

Scientifically, there has been no evidence to suggest that there is no God, so why don't these people believe in a Creator? If you are an atheist, what are your reasons for becoming one? Was it based on extensive studies of any religious texts or was it just through a sudden whim? Some people look for answers by analyzing this century's greatest scientific minds (e.g. Albert Einstein) and their beliefs and adopting their views without a single thought. Others think that morally every individual has the equal ability of distinguishing the difference between right and wrong and based on these understandings they can select a religion which best suits their own ideals/values. And if they are wrong, they go to , get reincarnated or just die whatever the case may be.

If atheism is wrong however, you'd be risking your whole after-life in the Hell-fire, according to some religions, so my question is why take the risk in not believing in God? The rewards for believing in a God in some religions are infinite happiness (and other positive feelings that we are unable to comprehend in this life) and the punishment is infinite pain (and other negative feelings that we are unable to comprehend in this life). If atheism is right, then we all just die. In either case, the atheist is in a lose-lose situation. I think it's also rather pessimistic to not believe in an after-life.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!

Some People Need a Shock Collar!
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 am

BigHunt wrote:

Tyler, this is one guy reaching out and truly hoping to help another. I'm going to send you a few of the Outreachoutdoors DVDs. They are mostly Hunting but the message of Christ is there if you look and listen for it. Some of the personal stories of the guys are amazing. People who had a rough go of it due to alcohol, abusive parents, drugs, bad choices, etc are all on there and have all come to Christ.

Watch and enjoy the Hunting aspect of the DVDs and feel free to join the outreachoutdoors.com forums if you have any questions, comments, or just need some help in your life's direction. Not everyone out there is bad, and there are more people than you realize willing to help a guy out. Christ is waiting, you just have to take those first steps, which are often the most difficult.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 am

I will try and say this to the best of my ability, hopefully without offending anyone or stepping on toes ( it isn't my intent). Basically I was forced to go to church when I was younger by my mom, and then forced to go through confirmation for 2 years when I was 14 and 15. I did not want to be there but had no choice. Part of confirmation is being an acolyte and being in front of the entire church, something I hated. I was also subjected to the church's "holier than thou" who never missed an opportunity to tell me my attire was unfit for church (even though it was under a robe anyway), and that left a very sour taste in my mouth as far as religion went. Then I had a girlfriend die right after graduation, one of the kindest friendliest people I have met to this day. Not only was it a fatal car accident, but it was a tramautic one that was caused by someone else, and that turned me off to religion in any form. Rapists and murderers live while the best of the best die tragically, to the point they go with no dignity. That is why I don't believe in god, in fact up until a few years ago I hated him if he did exist. I have since relaxed my stance some and go to church with my wife to keep her happy and have it try to make sense, but it still doesn't. I am more spiritual than anything, and I believe everything happens for a reason. I'm also a firm believe in Kharma too. Anyways, that's how I feel, and I seriously doubt that will ever change. Hopefully I have not offended people, but that is why I am the way I am.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 am

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

Tyler, this is one guy reaching out and truly hoping to help another. I'm going to send you a few of the Outreachoutdoors DVDs. They are mostly Hunting but the message of Christ is there if you look and listen for it. Some of the personal stories of the guys are amazing. People who had a rough go of it due to alcohol, abusive parents, drugs, bad choices, etc are all on there and have all come to Christ.

Watch and enjoy the Hunting aspect of the DVDs and feel free to join the outreachoutdoors.com forums if you have any questions, comments, or just need some help in your life's direction. Not everyone out there is bad, and there are more people than you realize willing to help a guy out. Christ is waiting, you just have to take those first steps, which are often the most difficult.

That's a very generous offer muddy.

Bighunt I find it pretty rude for you to question other people's beliefs or making a sarcastic remark, a poor attempt at humor. No one is here beating on you because you do not believe, leave it be, if you see something in a post you disagree with it, ignore it don't quote it please. I personally believe God does it exist, and when I watch a marsh wake up, or sit in my bowstand as the sun sets on a crisp October day, I know I have Him to thank for the things going on around me, and I have Him to thank for putting me here and letting me be a spectator in all of it.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am

In a positive light-

We do NOT have to stick up for anything we do not believe in, but we should NOT go out of our way to belittle or question those folks to whom we do not agree with.

Recently there was some posting on here about tthe forum used to be, versus how it is now....we used to be a lot more factually based that opinion comparing in my opinion. This was posted in the TRAPPING forum.... sure it will pop up with the latest thread search....but the box is labeled as to the contents, right?

Theological debate and animal ethics in the trapping forum? Lets take it to the chit chat lounge or the vent place please. I am better than no one, and not agreeing or disagreeing and could probably be called a hypocrite for this stance....just want to keep this forum a place worth participating in. AT is a great place to compare swords and opinion

Now lets get back to swamp treking with LWs for the big boys....
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:22 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:
muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

That's a very generous offer muddy.

Bighunt I find it pretty rude for you to question other people's beliefs or making a sarcastic remark, a poor attempt at humor. No one is here beating on you because you do not believe, leave it be, if you see something in a post you disagree with it, ignore it don't quote it please. I personally believe God does it exist, and when I watch a marsh wake up, or sit in my bowstand as the sun sets on a crisp October day, I know I have Him to thank for the things going on around me, and I have Him to thank for putting me here and letting me be a spectator in all of it.

X2. Right On Backwoods
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:37 am

muddy wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

wow matt,

i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and take you up on this ....like you said the hardest part is taking those first steps...i need help taking those steps
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:21 am

Simple thread turned very complex. Im glad to be a part of this forum.

Great gesture muddy.

[ Post made via Android ] [img]../images/mobile/Android.png[/img]

• Advertisement

Return to “Trapping”