500 Club

Re: Got a text from a buddy this morning

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 am

Nice
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 am

Nice fox. What are they fetching these days? They were getting $80 a pelt when I was a kid, but I'm guessing your lucky to get 1/4 of that these days.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am

NICE!
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:Nice fox. What are they fetching these days? They were getting $80 a pelt when I was a kid, but I'm guessing your lucky to get 1/4 of that these days.

hmm not sure......does 14 $ sound right :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

BigHunt wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:Nice fox. What are they fetching these days? They were getting $80 a pelt when I was a kid, but I'm guessing your lucky to get 1/4 of that these days.

hmm not sure......does 14 $ sound right :?

Sounds about right

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Chinook

Re: Got a text from a buddy this mouring

Unread postby Chinook » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:11 am

Good looking fox. I averaged $26.00 for red fox this year.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 am

I'm not sure why, but I have a soft spot for fox...... I would have a hard time killing one, just not many of them around, or at least by me anyway.
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 am

dreaming bucks wrote:I'm not sure why, but I have a soft spot for fox...... I would have a hard time killing one, just not many of them around, or at least by me anyway.

ditto

never understood trapping
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

ah110 wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:I'm not sure why, but I have a soft spot for fox...... I would have a hard time killing one, just not many of them around, or at least by me anyway.

ditto

never understood trapping

i understand it, i just dont do it.....its to cruel if you ask me...
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Chinook

Unread postby Chinook » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Well let's see .... few red fox live to be 3 years old in the wild, and if they do die of old age, that usually means they starved to death. Perhaps coyotes ripped them apart and started to eat them while they were still alive, or, maybe disease killed them off. You want to see cruel, check into the slow death mange, rabies, heartworm and tapeworm causes fox.
I trap fox using modern traps and technecs causing very little discomfort and no real damage to the animal. The dispatch is over with in a split second ... much quicker than I've killed deer with bow and rifle.I guess you could say I have a soft spot for fox :) :) .
I do understand that it's not for everyone.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Chinook wrote:Well let's see .... few red fox live to be 3 years old in the wild, and if they do die of old age, that usually means they starved to death. Perhaps coyotes ripped them apart and started to eat them while they were still alive, or, maybe disease killed them off. You want to see cruel, check into the slow death mange, rabies, heartworm and tapeworm causes fox.
I trap fox using modern traps and technecs causing very little discomfort and no real damage to the animal. The dispatch is over with in a split second ... much quicker than I've killed deer with bow and rifle.I guess you could say I have a soft spot for fox :) :) .
I do understand that it's not for everyone.

i agree with trapping and all that but heres a good example of what i mean as cruel....last year gun hunting we were both sitting there and a small mouse went under my hat that was on the ground so i smashed it and through it off the ridge ...right away hes like thats cruel man .......i was like excuse me what about that coon that you told me about , that tryed to bight of his hand as soon as it seen you when you were checking traps....crunch, crunch, crunch ...tell me whats more cruel....he had nothing to say after that :snooty:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 pm

I don't mind trapping, we are on the top of the food chain for a reason. There are simply too many coons and possums and coyotes, evidence of that is seen along any highway. While a few hours in a foot trap would seem horrible and probably is, the simple truth is that same animal would most likely die a far worse death via mange or starvation.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I don't mind trapping, we are on the top of the food chain for a reason. There are simply too many coons and possums and coyotes, evidence of that is seen along any highway. While a few hours in a foot trap would seem horrible and probably is, the simple truth is that same animal would most likely die a far worse death via mange or starvation.

Agree 100%

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Dewey wrote:
Brad Lamont wrote:I don't mind trapping, we are on the top of the food chain for a reason. There are simply too many coons and possums and coyotes, evidence of that is seen along any highway. While a few hours in a foot trap would seem horrible and probably is, the simple truth is that same animal would most likely die a far worse death via mange or starvation.

Agree 100%

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

i dont mind it either.......brad made a good point...... 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Trapping”