Used Traps

• Advertisement

HB Store

Loppy

Used Traps

Unread postby Loppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:45 am

This will be my first year trapping. Does anyone know of any used traps for sale or where I can buy cable restraints?

remmag
500 Club

Re: Used Traps

Unread postby remmag » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 am

As far as used traps go I'd search your local Craigslist. But for anything else you need trapping related visit F&T trapping supplies website. They have the best prices I've always found.

You certainly picked the wrong year to get into it though, prices last season were horrible and according to NAFA there not going to be getting any better this season.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Loppy

Unread postby Loppy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Yes it is the wrong year to get into it. I heard NAFA has 750,000 coons alone in storage they are waiting to sell. There is an overabundance of coon causing crop damage on my parents land that need to be taken care of. My real goal is to try to trap at least one coyote this winter. There is enough of them around.
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 am

I trapped for about three years because I wanted to learn. Have fun with it and you'll learn a lot of animal behavior too. Craigslist is good or one time I got a whole trapping set up off a guy in the Paper Shopper magazine. Good luck

I really liked those Dog Proof traps for Coons. quick,easy and catch a lot.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:10 am

Ya'll need to find some local Chinese restaurants to sell the coon, possum and yote too.

Black folks like coon.....the trappers down south sell a lot. Try a local cl ad.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 am

Loppy wrote:Yes it is the wrong year to get into it. I heard NAFA has 750,000 coons alone in storage they are waiting to sell. There is an overabundance of coon causing crop damage on my parents land that need to be taken care of. My real goal is to try to trap at least one coyote this winter. There is enough of them around.

I prefer buying my traps new, that way you know how old the springs are and you can modify them to your liking. Yes, all of my coon are still in NAFA storage, which is pretty frustrating considering the hard work and expense that goes into getting them. You might want to consider selling all your fur to a local buyer who buys "green" hides. That way, despite of how the market goes this year your still getting cash in hand without the added time and hard work of fleshing ,stretching, drying and shipping

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Trapping”