Dan's N.E. Iowa 10 pointer

• Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Dan's N.E. Iowa 10 pointer

Unread postby dan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 am

Dave, you gotta wait for it to load before you hit play. If one works, they should both work.

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 am

dan wrote:Dave, you gotta wait for it to load before you hit play. If one works, they should both work.

Ok Dan thanks!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 am

Dan, in regards to cutting the wind close, are you concerned about spooking does prior to your target buck entering the field? I know you had the buck well patterned but it seems rare to have the first deer in the field being the buck you're chasing. Enjoyed the episode! Thanks, Paul
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 am

purebowhunting wrote:Dan, in regards to cutting the wind close, are you concerned about spooking does prior to your target buck entering the field? I know you had the buck well patterned but it seems rare to have the first deer in the field being the buck you're chasing. Enjoyed the episode! Thanks, Paul

Paul,
I spook deer before the buck comes in fairly often. If the buck ain't standing right there a lot of the time you can get away with spooking a few... I would rather not, but this property was loaded with deer, and if you don't hunt where the buck is you can't kill him so I take a chance.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

dan wrote:
purebowhunting wrote:Dan, in regards to cutting the wind close, are you concerned about spooking does prior to your target buck entering the field? I know you had the buck well patterned but it seems rare to have the first deer in the field being the buck you're chasing. Enjoyed the episode! Thanks, Paul

Paul,
I spook deer before the buck comes in fairly often. If the buck ain't standing right there a lot of the time you can get away with spooking a few... I would rather not, but this property was loaded with deer, and if you don't hunt where the buck is you can't kill him so I take a chance.

Thanks Dan, I figured thats the case but checking. Thats one mind set I need to change some, I tend to wait for a perfect wind which would change the bucks movements in a situation like you had.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bblefty

Unread postby bblefty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 pm

The new format is really great. I love it!!!
Mario
ProStaff

Unread postby Mario » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm

My favorite part of this whole video was the scouting and the map. :clap:

I liked the buck's reaction once he hit the corner of the field. It did appear he knew something was up but it was all the time you needed to get a good shot on him

I have often been too cautious in similar scenarios because I wait for the perfect wind, and shot... but with risk obviously comes reward.

Do you think the higher winds allowed you to surprise him versus a slower steady wind from the same direction?

cool video! great hunt!

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu May 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Do you think the higher winds allowed you to surprise him versus a slower steady wind from the same direction?

I think the higher winds keep the wind direction more consistent.

• Advertisement

Return to “Extreme Whitetail Tactics”