69%
Did not watch
1%

Total votes: 121
kwaldeier
500 Club

Re: How do you like the show??? POLL

Unread postby kwaldeier » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Great Show! Love the DVD's and the fact you will be having a monthly(is it monthly?) Show... :o :o :o :o AWESOME! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 am

awesome first show guys, i suspect it will only get better 8-)
When better is possible, good is never good enough
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 am

Awesome!!! GRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!! ;)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:04 am

I thought it was a great concept.
I liked the way when you were showing the deer's travel it went on to the actual deer walking.
Is there a way to pause the screen without it shrinking in size? Just curious.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 am

I liked the concept and the format. I can understand the hunting footage being a little rough, well, not rough, but self filmed. But why was the sound so bad on the interview part?

I only watched it once so far.

I will give it this rating. It's great with room for improvement.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

I put great. Self filmin is hard, now you have to get the shot right Dan cause others are gonna see it. So now you have to crush in on the deer a little, cant wait til next show.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 am

But why was the sound so bad on the interview part?

Most production companies use wireless mic's or boom mic's with wind socks... We did not have that at the time of the interview. We are getting better equipment. I worry more about good content than sound issues. But we are working to improve on that.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am

I liked the content. The hunting footage was good, and way better than anything I have done. I liked how you showed the setups on maps. I liked when you showed it real when you walked up to the deer. The walking shot on the deer wasn't ideal, but you showed it like it happened.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 am

I think the first one was great. The concept is spot on and something we see very little of in the hunting video world. Keep it up.

Next one I would prefer to see actual scouting footage, bed location (pictures/video), where was the trail camera (actual video), some of the trail camera pictures, actual topo scouting of how many days it took to find that "spot" and you talking more.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 am

what was the reasoning for the deer bedding in an area that basically puts him facing into the wind. is there no way to come from behind him?

im not a big fan of the intro.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 am

what was the reasoning for the deer bedding in an area that basically puts him facing into the wind. is there no way to come from behind him?

The buck would of been facing away from the wind over looking a valley, wind to his back.
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 am

Was good for sure. Maybe a little to much recovery footage, could use some more in depth tactics, but good none the less. I think everyone on the beast is going to like it, someone not familiar with the beast may need a little more tactical info to stay interested. Not in any way ripping on the show :D just giving an honest opinion
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am

cant wait for next mounths 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:03 am

U.P. MAN wrote:Was good for sure. Maybe a little to much recovery footage, could use some more in depth tactics, but good none the less. I think everyone on the beast is going to like it, someone not familiar with the beast may need a little more tactical info to stay interested. Not in any way ripping on the show :D just giving an honest opinion

I will agree with U.P. MAN.. A little more content as far as strategy, and more talking from Dan (or whoever that episode is featuring) would be beneficial, and help keep people more interested..

The intro was good (and great job on the song by your nephew and his band!), but the outro was a little long IMO. I remember watching it the first time, and the hunting getting over with at 16 and a half minutes, and thinking to myself "what are they going to do for another 3 minutes?".

Just giving my 2 cents and giving a little constructive criticism..

I found it pretty ironic that one of the few times Dan has ever hunted over a trail camera happens to be featured in the episode where he is teaching to not hunt over trailcams :lol:

The mapping was very good, and the transitions between the mapping and the video was excellent.

I really enjoyed the show, and I think the concept is awesome. Its like a small clip from Marsh Bucks or Hill Country each month..and I cant wait to see more! 8-)
Last edited by cornfedkiller on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Advertisement

Return to “Extreme Whitetail Tactics”