THLETE Tailwind Puffy Discount

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

THLETE

THLETE Tailwind Puffy Discount

Unread postby THLETE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:28 am

I forgot to mention that we are currently trying to move some of our insulation wear before the end of the season. We received a late shipment of Tailwind Puffy Jackets and have discounted them heavily to create some extra room in the warehouse. If you are looking for a late season insulation jacket, the Tailwind is a great option. Warm, durable and designed with top-tier components (Primaloft Fill, Toray Ripstop, YKK Zippers), it is a solid piece of equipment.

Retail: $189.95
Sale Price: $119.95
Discount: $70.00

THLETE Tailwind Puffy

Edcyclopedia

Re: THLETE Tailwind Puffy Discount

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:06 am

Looks nice!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:09 am

Is it windproof?
AttackMode

Unread postby AttackMode » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am

How quiet is the material?
I just kill mtn bucks
Tempy

Unread postby Tempy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 am

Also interested in above questions.
Jvalv

Unread postby Jvalv » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Got mine in the mail today. Initial impressions are very good, looks well constructed and quality materials. My size large fits me well (6', 180lb) weighs 19oz on my kitchen scale and seems like it packs down small. For a nylon shell it's fairly quiet, definitely not like fleece but not a bag of potato chips either. I spent about half an hour outside in the yard with it on over a tee shirt and was comfortable with temps around 40 and winds 5-10mph. I'll get to use it the rest of the season here in MN and let you know what I think.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 am

The material is a 42g polyester rip-stop made by Toray. The Toray face fabric is 100% windproof and although it is not dead silent like fleece, it is very quiet in comparison to other insulation shells that are not designed for hunting (North Face, RAB, Patagonia). The jacket also has a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish which reduces noise as well and will bead water off the face.

We designed the Jacket with 133g Primaloft Gold Insulation in the body panels for maximum heat retention around the core and incorporated 100g Gold in the sleeves to reduce bulk and avoid "string Slap."

So far, the coldest temps that we have had in Minnesota and Wisconsin came during the first 2 weeks of November when morning temps were in the low 20's and wind speeds averaged 5-10mph. With a mid-weight merino and heavy poly base-layer underneath, the Tailwind provided sufficient warmth.

If you have any more questions, shoot.

Mike Zaudke
THLETE Camo
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:06 am

Free THLETE Guide Hat if you purchase a Tailwind Puffy this week. The discount is still good for HB members as well.
Monroe110

Unread postby Monroe110 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:29 am

Will there be bibs or pants available? If so any idea on a timeline? I’m interested in the coat but would like to be able to have a set of bibs to go with it. Thanks
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 am

Monroe110 wrote:Will there be bibs or pants available? If so any idea on a timeline? I’m interested in the coat but would like to be able to have a set of bibs to go with it. Thanks

I will be interested in this as well. I've been looking for a good, extremely packable set of top/bottoms for under my IWOM for temps 15 degrees and below but it needs to be very light and able to be packed on my LW along with the sticks and IWOM. Very hard to find "puffy" pants.
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
Monroe110

Unread postby Monroe110 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 am

Also looking for lightweight and packable. Trying to cut some weight on my setup. I have day one pants and jacket now which are awesome but very heavy.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 am

We do not currently have a design for bibs, but I like the idea. The Tailwind Puffy Jacket is very lightweight and packs down very small. A pant or bib version is an interesting concept. I will look into the possibility of doing a short test run of a Primaloft Puffy pants with our design team in the next couple of weeks.

If there are any other apparel items that you are interested in and are unavailable/hard to find, let us know. We are always looking for future apparel styles to add to the lineup.
Jussbowz

Unread postby Jussbowz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 am

One of my favorite pieces of a Mid layer is the First Lite Sawtooth hybrid. If you made one like that except improve it. Like the primoloft front and back, arm pit zippers, and a slot in the back for your safety harness. That would be an ideal piece for someone walking in a long ways and for someone like me in the south that doesn't need a whole bunch of clothes.

I think my wife ordered me a couple pieces of your clothes for Christmas. Can't wait to get it in to try.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm

How does this compare to a Sitka Kelvin Jacket or a Kifaru Lost Park Parka? I’ve been looking at puffies but I get cold quick so I need something warm. I’d also be interested in some bibs or pants
Ragingun

Unread postby Ragingun » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Agree with above post, all jackets should have safety harness pass through. In today’s age it’s hard to believe it’s not standard especially in high end jackets.
Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”