How I did My Euro Mount.....Warning carcass pics

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: How I did My Euro Mount.....Warning carcass pics

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:21 am

Very nice thanks for sharing.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:58 am

Jphunter wrote:Looks great. The wood turned out awesome!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

X2

Really love the look of the cedar.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Mschmeiske
500 Club
Facebook: Www.facebook.com/mschmeiske

Unread postby Mschmeiske » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:17 am

This may be a silly question... What was the zip tie for? Help sturdy the bones up during the process?

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:37 am

Yep keep help keep the nasal line from splitting.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 am

Nice work. Looks great

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:25 am

wickedbruiser wrote:Nice work. Looks great

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Thanks it's not professional level. And I have caught a lot of flak on other sites in the past for being cheap and other reasons, but for me it is just something I like to do myself. If I was wanting on to hang in my house that was a bruiser I'd drop the $100 to have a pro do it. I working on two others now. One is my sons and the other is my brothers. It is just another one of those things involved in this hobby if you like to tinker.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:07 am

8-)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 am

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. I just buried one on Thursday, it was starting to stink with the warm weather. Head, hair, brains, and all. I buried one other skull and never whitened it. It was cleaned out good, but a little stained.

Funny, Jeff mentions critters running off with it. I brought a bear skull home in the summer from the taxi. It was starting to stink as it thawed on a warm June day in a black trash bag. Threw it in the lake, took off on the boat and when I came back it was gone. I have been looking around in the water for years hoping it turns up.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 am

Kraftd wrote:Turned out good. For what it's worth if you're going to boil it and bleach it anyways,you can be done in three hours or so and avoid the whole anthill and weeks of waiting.

I was gonna say the same thing. Not knocking you OP, it obviously works. And like you said, there is no wrong way to do it. I just boil mine for a few hours and the meat literally falls off and I can have it hanging in the man cave the same day. It turned out great tho!
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:40 pm

flinginairos wrote:
Kraftd wrote:Turned out good. For what it's worth if you're going to boil it and bleach it anyways,you can be done in three hours or so and avoid the whole anthill and weeks of waiting.

I was gonna say the same thing. Not knocking you OP, it obviously works. And like you said, there is no wrong way to do it. I just boil mine for a few hours and the meat literally falls off and I can have it hanging in the man cave the same day. It turned out great tho!

I don't have any pictures of my baby brothers I did in Dec. I just boiled and bleached it. It came out nice. The biggest problem I have with that is making myself sit down and do it before it starts to stink. Normally if I got time to do a euro I got time to be in the woods so that is where I am. I have my younger brothers in the ground right now for that very reason I don't want to say I didn't have time to get to it before it started to stink, but I definitely chose to do other things. If I had a deep freeze for just heads I would prob never put them in the ground. I keep telling the guys I'm not doing any more euros that have the hide on them, but I keep accepting heads. Like I said it's not right or wrong just the way I do it.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:06 am

Tufrthnails wrote:
flinginairos wrote:

I don't have any pictures of my baby brothers I did in Dec. I just boiled and bleached it. It came out nice. The biggest problem I have with that is making myself sit down and do it before it starts to stink. Normally if I got time to do a euro I got time to be in the woods so that is where I am. I have my younger brothers in the ground right now for that very reason I don't want to say I didn't have time to get to it before it started to stink, but I definitely chose to do other things. If I had a deep freeze for just heads I would prob never put them in the ground. I keep telling the guys I'm not doing any more euros that have the hide on them, but I keep accepting heads. Like I said it's not right or wrong just the way I do it.

I hear ya there. Hard to find time to do them when season is still in! My son killed a spike first weekend of season and I put the head in the fridge downstairs with intentions of boiling it within the week. Well, I forgot about it :shock: Lets just say that getting the hide and meat off after two months wasnt much fun! :mrgreen:
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:26 pm

flinginairos wrote:
Tufrthnails wrote:
flinginairos wrote:

I hear ya there. Hard to find time to do them when season is still in! My son killed a spike first weekend of season and I put the head in the fridge downstairs with intentions of boiling it within the week. Well, I forgot about it :shock: Lets just say that getting the hide and meat off after two months wasnt much fun! :mrgreen:

Haha! I did the exact same thing with my son's first spike. The guys suggested Maceration and it worked flawlessly, because the head fit in a 5 gallon bucket and I was able to close the lid tight and forget about it for a month or so. I didn't even take the hide off. Not a single speck that I could find. I have been thinking about getting a 55gal plastic drum just for doing this. most racks won't fit in a bucket.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”