Deer antler replicas

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowHusker

Deer antler replicas

Unread postby BowHusker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 am

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I was wondering if any of you do, or know someone who does antler replicas by chance?

Here's my conundrum. My girlfriend harvested a trophy mule deer a few years back. Long story short but her now ex-husband either sold the rack or disposed of it merely just to not let her have it.

So for Christmas I was considering having a replica made for her. I only have one or two pictures of the deer and I'm not looking for an exact replica. I know it would mean alot too her and she would really love it! Any input is greatly appreciated!

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Mountain Man
500 Club

Re: Deer antler replicas

Unread postby Mountain Man » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:33 am

It would probably be a lot cheaper to buy a rack that looks similar than to have a replica made.

IMO not many people can make a replica rack from scratch and make it look real. Some can do it but you will pay for it.

I would check ebay for a similar rack.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:44 am

Ran across this company the other day- https://trophystickers.com/

Definitely not the same thing, but much cheaper and I think the stickers are fairly cool. Tumbler might be a neat option.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am

Some of the taxidermy supply places have rack replicas for sale. They may have one that's close to what she shot, you could buy one of those and have it mounted for her.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 am

I currently have set with Antlers by Klaus out of New Richmond, WI. I can't say what the cost would be to build a replica from a picture but for the mold and casting of a set mine was a little over $1800. It was for a 205" white tail rack.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”