My 2018 buck (euro-mount)

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kdawg_901

Re: My 2018 buck (euro-mount)

Unread postby kdawg_901 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Nice.

muskieman

Unread postby muskieman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Nice!! Was the buck injured at some time? Reason I ask is the rack looks messed up on one side.
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:25 pm

100 on the beetles!!!!
Only way to go!
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 pm

muskieman wrote:Nice!! Was the buck injured at some time? Reason I ask is the rack looks messed up on one side.

Thank you for the responses. Yes, there was an injury to this buck. After close examination, there was obvious injury around his left pedicle. Not sure when the injury occurred. Before or during velvet stage?? I will post pics later.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:54 pm

Hey that euro turned out great. Its definately quality work. I have done a few before and bleached them and seen others work. One common trate I see in lesser quality work is the teeth. When bucks lay and chew their cud it stains their teeth like a blackish color on the rear molars. The teeth on your euro are pearly white! Also tons of character with that rack! How do you plan on hanging it or mounting it?
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:49 am

may21581 wrote:Hey that euro turned out great. Its definately quality work. I have done a few before and bleached them and seen others work. One common trate I see in lesser quality work is the teeth. When bucks lay and chew their cud it stains their teeth like a blackish color on the rear molars. The teeth on your euro are pearly white! Also tons of character with that rack! How do you plan on hanging it or mounting it?

The person That does these mounts does multiple soaks in degreasing and whitening agents. Even uses finger nail polish to shine up the teeth. Which I thought is a clever idea. I ordered a skull hanger off of Amazon to hang it from.
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
may21581 wrote:Hey that euro turned out great. Its definately quality work. I have done a few before and bleached them and seen others work. One common trate I see in lesser quality work is the teeth. When bucks lay and chew their cud it stains their teeth like a blackish color on the rear molars. The teeth on your euro are pearly white! Also tons of character with that rack! How do you plan on hanging it or mounting it?

The person That does these mounts does multiple soaks in degreasing and whitening agents. Even uses finger nail polish to shine up the teeth. Which I thought is a clever idea. I ordered a skull hanger off of Amazon to hang it from.

The fingernail polish is a clever idea. I would imagine it also holds them tight and helps from them becoming loose which is also common on euro mounts. Turned out nice and will look great hanging up!
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:09 am

Two things we noticed around the left pedicle that may have caused his left antler to form the way it did. Missing piece off the base and a hairline fracture just below the pedicle.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”