Where to book hunts online?

Post Hunts & Leases for sale + Questions about outfitters, leases ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tmg03300

Where to book hunts online?

Unread postby tmg03300 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:32 am

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone books hunting trips and if so how do you go about it?

I enjoy bow hunting the family farm and some public land hunting but occasionally want to hunt different animals and see different parts of the world.

Some of my frustrations with finding a hunt is having to go through google and look at individual sites and not sure if everything is as advertised. I don't want to spend 2,500 and get there and it doesn't match the pictures. Also a lot of my buddies don't have cash to drop on nice trips so referrals are hard to come by.

I have looked at bookyourhunt.com but the search is pretty weak and focuses it seems more on African hunts but does have some reviews. The rest are all agencies selling what seems to be the outfitter paying the highest commission.

www.bucketlistx.com is a startup that is working on solving this problem but they seem to be launching in late September 2017.

Thanks in advance ,
Michael

WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: Where to book hunts online?

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:55 am

Bowsite has some outfitter reviews. Wish I was more help, the few outfitted hunts I've been on were through word of mouth except for one horrible Canadian bear hunt that I booked at hunting show. I'd be very leary of anywhere that has to have a booth at a show or spends a bunch of money on advertising. Most good outfitters stay pretty well booked by repeat customers or by word of mouth.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
tmg03300

Unread postby tmg03300 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:42 am

Thanks for the reply WV Bowhunter!

Sorry you had a bad experience with that bear hunt. That's one of the items on my hunting bucket list. One thing I have also noticed is there isn't even a really good directory of top outfitters. There are 1,000's just in Texas alone.

I don't know why but I am as guilty as the next person always searching for reviews :) I think there will eventually be a good easy to use online marketplace to shop and book hunts.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:59 am

Try Cabelas if you want to book a hunt. The are supposed to verify the outfitters they list.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:05 am

I believe one of the sponsors of the beast forum does this. Trudell Outdoors: http://trudelloutdooradventures.com/
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Outfitters Guided Hunts and Leases”