Do you like long kill stories or short kill stories?

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Do you like long kill stories or short kill stories?

A. long stories
16%
B. Short stories
21%
C. Lots of pictures
21%
D. Small amount of pictures
10%
E. Lots of maps and diagrams
19%
F. Small amount of maps and diagrams
14%

Total votes: 204
Jonny
500 Club

Re: Do you like long kill stories or short kill stories?

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:59 pm

If its long, all I ask for is some spacing and no big words. I am pretty sure none of us are doctors or rocket scientists, just average guys. I get enough big words that I don't understand reading a textbook. However I do like a good story, pictures are nice but just couple. And as previously mentioned, diagrams and strategy make things really interesting, especially if I can relate to the situations. Even if I can't, they are still a good read. For the most part, I haven't had an issue with any kill stories. Some get a little long winded into details that should be discussed on archery talk (clothing, bows, etc.). But there have been some great stories to read and learn from (Dewey, Predator, Dan, JoeRE all come to my mind right away), and more, just can't remember more names right now.

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:02 pm

I like the long ones but I do have a tendancy to skip them if they are long. But once I start reading I like the details.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Make It Happen
Ol'DanBoone

Unread postby Ol'DanBoone » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:07 am

I like long stories. It really all depends on the guys style. It's interesting to me, as my ambition is to be a writer. Ha

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:21 am

Long or short is fine with me as long as it's interesting. Pics are great! I am turned off a bit if there is product endorsement in the kill photo. If the product played a key roll I don't mind if that roll is spelled out in the story. It turns my stomach when I see these stories turn into Nascar interviews.

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Most of them are good. I just have a hard time keeping my place on the long 1 paragraph ones!!!!!
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:02 am

stash59 wrote:Most of them are good. I just have a hard time keeping my place on the long 1 paragraph ones!!!!!

Me too. I try my best to break up the parts of the story into different paragraphs. Tactics will hook me everytime I've actually had such a hard time reading a few I highlight two lines at a time and read it.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:45 am

Short stories but enough maps and diagrams that it could possibly make someone a "ah ha" that is something I have missed where I hunt.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:10 am

matt1336 wrote:I like a long story. But some are and have been a little much imo. I don't want to ruffle feathers here but it seems to me that some of these stories are a bit of a production for the buck contest. I understand that we want to put the best foot forward and that it is kinda a competition...although rarely does the biggest buck take first. We all enjoy a good deer hunting story- I'm no different. I also understand that we are proud of what we drag out of the woods. This is only my opinion I just get that vibe with some of the stories. I could also be dead wrong with my perception. But....to keep this discussion rolling...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Production? ?? Do you think some members faked their stories? ?? :/ So we're you "dead wrong" on any of your past "perceptions"??
:shock:

I like short kill stories if there is a lot of other New threads to read and your in a" reading with haste " sort of mind at the time.

But I also enjoy some long kill stories at many various times over these past few years on the beast.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:40 pm

john1984 wrote:
matt1336 wrote:I like a long story. But some are and have been a little much imo. I don't want to ruffle feathers here but it seems to me that some of these stories are a bit of a production for the buck contest. I understand that we want to put the best foot forward and that it is kinda a competition...although rarely does the biggest buck take first. We all enjoy a good deer hunting story- I'm no different. I also understand that we are proud of what we drag out of the woods. This is only my opinion I just get that vibe with some of the stories. I could also be dead wrong with my perception. But....to keep this discussion rolling...

Production? ?? Do you think some members faked their stories? ?? :/ So we're you "dead wrong" on any of your past "perceptions"??
:shock:

I like short kill stories if there is a lot of other New threads to read and your in a" reading with haste " sort of mind at the time.

But I also enjoy some long kill stories at many various times over these past few years on the beast.

I've seen Facebook posts tell entirely different stories than what got posted in the contest.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

muddy wrote:
john1984 wrote:

I've seen Facebook posts tell entirely different stories than what got posted in the contest.

Seriously?? :o :shock:

That's very disappointing if true. :roll:
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:26 pm

I always write the kill story how I want to write it. I'm not too concerned about how it's perceived, as long as I like it.

I read all the kill stories posted....sometimes it takes awhile, but it beats watching TV.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Ive been known to flip around certain truths of a story if I feel the info may give up to many details.. The story I tell the guys at work may have taken place miles away from where the events actually took place. The terrain may also change. Swamp becomes an oak flat ect....

On here im usually pretty straight forward. I may leave out details that I feel may stir the PC pot. Not necessarily because of guys on here but issues ive seen on other forums when certain subjects are brought up.

I would bet most due the same. It doesnt take long for word to spread on the web..
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Dewey wrote:
muddy wrote:
john1984 wrote:

Seriously?? :o :shock:

That's very disappointing if true. :roll:

I've been dead wrong more times than I'd like to admit.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm

oldrank wrote:Ive been known to flip around certain truths of a story if I feel the info may give up to many details.. The story I tell the guys at work may have taken place miles away from where the events actually took place. The terrain may also change. Swamp becomes an oak flat ect....

On here im usually pretty straight forward. I may leave out details that I feel may stir the PC pot. Not necessarily because of guys on here but issues ive seen on other forums when certain subjects are brought up.

I would bet most due the same. It doesnt take long for word to spread on the web..

LOL.....I know exactly what you mean OR! :lol:
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 am

DaveT1963 wrote:I like to see the strategy used, 1 or 2 pics of buck, maybe a map or aerial showing how hunt went down, and I prefer brevity in the story itself.

X2. I like a brief story with good pics of the buck and a map showing how it went down. I tend to skim over the longer stories because my attention span is pretty short :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”