BBD Killed A 10 Point Buck***Pics & Story Added***

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jmaas07
500 Club

Re: BBD Killed A 10 Point Buck***Pics & Story Added***

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Congrats Stanley, great buck!

Zonk54

Unread postby Zonk54 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Wow! Congratulations!
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Stan, what kind of bow do you shoot?
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Darkknight54 wrote:Stan, what kind of bow do you shoot?

BowTech it is 10 years old.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:Stan just wondering if you could go into a little detail of what made you go 250 miles away?
Awesome Buck!

I actually hunt a lot away from home in state. I have permission to hunt a few properties from the far North of the state to the far south of the state. I hunt anywhere from a couple miles from home to 250 miles from home. When I cant' get anything going in one area I switch up and go to another area. I moved around a lot less this year than I usually do. I was after a couple of monsters but couldn't catch up with either.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jman22
500 Club

Unread postby jman22 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Congrats! Beautiful 10.
oneflag

Unread postby oneflag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 pm

A lot of good folks here on the Beast but you are one of my heroes.
I make a point to read all your post.
Well done Stan.
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Stanley wrote:Killed a nice 10 point buck. Will get some pictures and brief story up later. Got to get the wife to take some pictures for me.

Killed the buck on the 5th at 5 PM. Waited until mourning to retrieve the buck just too dark and thick. To do much of anything. Got him home yesterday was hunting about 250 miles from home. I will put together a story of the kill and post it up when I get a chance. Always hectic when you kill a buck.

This season as every season was different. I tried to get on a nice 15 point buck but just couldn't ambush him. I also had my eye on a really huge 8 pointer. No luck on that buck either. I did see the big 8 once but no shot too far.

Anyway I hunted hard and in my mind efficiently. 36 days it took to get it done. Did not hunt the same stand twice. I love to move around and sit different spots. Keeps the anticipation up.

I put up my XOP tree stand at 12:30 PM on the 5th of November. It was very windy just like I like it. Wind was from the NW. (20-25 mph I would guess) I set up on the down wind side of a doe bedding area. I couldn't get any bucks patterned so I switched to rut tactics.

I was on an oak flat with gullies to the NW and to the SW. My plan was to catch a buck trailing/chasing does to the oak flat I was on. I saw a couple of scrub bucks through out the day.

At 5:00 PM I saw a buck pushing a doe towards me. I kept my eyes peeled and saw another buck. Both looked pretty nice so I got my bow off the hook. They went by me at about 20 yards. One was an 8 pointer and the other was the 10 pointer. I decided I would pass them up.

I hung my bow back up on the hook. The 10 pointer then circles around and walks directly towards me. He gets right up to the tree and looks straight up at me. I thought well he's gone. Wrong!!! The 10 pointer then walks under the tree I'm in and stops quartering away at 15 yards.

Now I'm thinking he's looking better by the minute. So I got my bow off the hook (again) and drew back. I settled the pin on his vitals and thought “I need to aim farther back because he is quartering away”. I put the pin back about 6 inches, and squeezed the release.

The arrow penetrated right up to the vanes, “poleaxed”. The10 pointer takes off on a dead run. The 8 pointer runs after him just as hard. Both bucks head down the gully (SW) on an all out run. I can only see them for about 75 yards.

I gave it a half hr. I was 100% positive the buck was dead. I could find no blood wasn't any. I got about 50 yards down the gully and could see the 8 pointer walking around. He was waiting for the 10 point to run some more I guess?

I kind of kept going down slowly, it was dark by now and I had no blood to follow in the thick brush. The 8 pointer finally spooked and took off. I got up to where I last saw them from the tree stand. I could see nothing (just too thick and dark) so I decided to wait until mourning.

I went back the next mourning at first light and found the buck right away. Only went 20 yards farther than I last saw them. The 10 pointer died in stride and landed up under a cedar tree. He was laying dead right where the 8 pointer was walking around. If I would have another ½ hr of light the night before, I'm positive I would have found him that night.

I'll skip the drag out part, because if I leave out the curse words I didn't say much. :lol: :oops:

Beautiful buck Stanley, congratulations 8-)

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 am

Spectacular! :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 am

Congrats Stanley!
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:45 am

Stan the man!!! Great buck :clap:
welded34
500 Club

Unread postby welded34 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:26 am

Congrats!
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 am

Congratulations Stanley. Awesome buck.
Kbuck

Unread postby Kbuck » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 am

Congrats! I always enjoy ur comments & hunt write ups.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:49 am

The Legend “Stanley”.

Great buck!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”