Video - Early Season Buck in his bed kill!

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: Video - Early Season Buck in his bed kill!

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:49 am

That is way cool man. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get on that big one.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 am

In any sport or activity there always seem to be those people that are just special for whatever reason. In the realm of killing large deer, Joe, you are special. Your that rare brand of talent, skill and motivation meeting up.

Total respect for you and especially your humble nature and true enjoyment for what your doing.
muskieman

Unread postby muskieman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:55 am

That was gangster!!!! Well done!
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 am

Grizzlyadam wrote:Very nicely done on the whole thing. Congrats on making it all come together and getting a very nice buck.

The one thing I was surprised about was that you were not wearing anything to conceal your face and hands. At least in my experience I seem to get picked off by deer if my face or hands are exposed, especially my face. Is that not something you are concerned about?

I really don't have problems with that. The guys at camp at the public land challenge were giving me crap about it, but if you watch my Minnesota Kill, my Michigan kill, and this kill, I had no hat or face-mask and no problem. If i'm on the ground or low, then I will do a hat and face-mask
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 am

<DK> wrote:That was cool

I was just curious if you feel any diff shooting one bedded down?

Also, anyone reading this comment and gets opportunity to shoot one bedded - remember their internal organs shift.

I would do it again. The organs defiantly do shift, but I could just as easily see that buck jump up and take off and never offer a shot if the wind swirled. IMO its just as risky as a standing shot where they can jump the string or react.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:23 am

PredatorTC wrote:

Also, anyone reading this comment and gets opportunity to shoot one bedded - remember their internal organs shift.

I would do it again. The organs defiantly do shift, but I could just as easily see that buck jump up and take off and never offer a shot if the wind swirled. IMO its just as risky as a standing shot where they can jump the string or react.

I was just curious about it as far as he being bedded. Not that its a bad shot or anything - I enjoy seeing them laying down and was wondering about the mental thoughts/feelings letting the arrow fly. Good job reloading quickly too, it took a few getting back up for me to make reloads second nature.
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:34 pm

<DK> wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

I was just curious about it as far as he being bedded. Not that its a bad shot or anything - I enjoy seeing them laying down and was wondering about the mental thoughts/feelings letting the arrow fly. Good job reloading quickly too, it took a few getting back up for me to make reloads second nature.

It was amazing to see all Joe's kills, to see how steady he was with bump and dump buck, then to see the excitement of the Michigan buck, just shows how no scenario may be the same, even with a veteran big buck killer. But what we saw was how experience overcomes all. Great stuff as always!

I agree with DK about feelings, how would you say the bedded buck differed from the Michigan buck, if at all. Both obviously came with a lot of hard work! What was different between the two?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am

SidewayZ wrote:
<DK> wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

It was amazing to see all Joe's kills, to see how steady he was with bump and dump buck, then to see the excitement of the Michigan buck, just shows how no scenario may be the same, even with a veteran big buck killer. But what we saw was how experience overcomes all. Great stuff as always!

I agree with DK about feelings, how would you say the bedded buck differed from the Michigan buck, if at all. Both obviously came with a lot of hard work! What was different between the two?

I was gonna dodge the question but its been asked a few times now lol

I felt bad about shooting him laying, but I really didn't feel bad until re watching it and editing it and editing the footage a few times. Its not one of those videos that I like to watch back and relive the hunt here and there. I think part of it was that I had him beat so bad (if that makes any sense). Had he been a 150 class 5 year old I think it would have been different too. I didn't feel bad really at all about the Michigan deer. It was a huge challenge and that deer had every warning in the world that he was being hunted. He had like 5 days of warnings. He pegged me moving in the tree and we had a stare down when I first saw him and he still wrote me off and went about his business. The kill was also quicker and cleaner with the Michigan one too.

I haven't shot a doe either since I was a teenager. I just feel bad for them. It sounds dumb, but ever since the wife bought house dogs, I've softened up a little bit on the animals lol
SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Unread postby SidewayZ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:07 pm

PredatorTC wrote:
SidewayZ wrote:
<DK> wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

I was gonna dodge the question but its been asked a few times now lol

I felt bad about shooting him laying, but I really didn't feel bad until re watching it and editing it and editing the footage a few times. Its not one of those videos that I like to watch back and relive the hunt here and there. I think part of it was that I had him beat so bad (if that makes any sense). Had he been a 150 class 5 year old I think it would have been different too. I didn't feel bad really at all about the Michigan deer. It was a huge challenge and that deer had every warning in the world that he was being hunted. He had like 5 days of warnings. He pegged me moving in the tree and we had a stare down when I first saw him and he still wrote me off and went about his business. The kill was also quicker and cleaner with the Michigan one too.

I haven't shot a doe either since I was a teenager. I just feel bad for them. It sounds dumb, but ever since the wife bought house dogs, I've softened up a little bit on the animals lol

Hey man no reason in the world to feel bad about non of it. You always put the work in! Personally I was throughly impressed with the level of discipline to take the bump and dump buck with so much calmness! I would have been shaking like a leaf!! The amount of confidence you had to me was outstanding.

I was just surprised the Michigan buck had you so excited vs the B&D, to me the B&D takes way more confidence and skill vs the Michigan buck but that's me watching from a video. However the Michigan buck was a long hard week of hunting so I got that.

Just my perspective from a video and sitting across country.

Thanks for sharing!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”