Canoe moose hunt, 2019.

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Canoe moose hunt, 2019.

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 am

Excellent adventure!

Moose are like big deer - can run jump and disappear silently, folks forget that. My little cousin got an 814# bull in ME this season.

I get cramps in my legs when dehydrated.
Try taking some magnesium for the cramps. I take "natural calm" - it is a powder, about a teaspoon will help the muscles without loosening anything too much.

Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am

Badass
Congrats and thanks for the read
Sailfish_WC <-- Deer watcher
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:26 pm

This.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Exophysical

Unread postby Exophysical » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Rich M wrote:Excellent adventure!

Moose are like big deer - can run jump and disappear silently, folks forget that. My little cousin got an 814# bull in ME this season.

I get cramps in my legs when dehydrated.
Try taking some magnesium for the cramps. I take "natural calm" - it is a powder, about a teaspoon will help the muscles without loosening anything too much.

Yeah, I think moose can actually be more quiet than deer when they want to be. I've seen bulls with 50" of antler on their head tear straight through really thick bush at full speed and hardly make a sound, even a whitetail generally cant pull that off. I think its because they use a totally different gait when running, I've seen tracks where moose briefly bounded like a deer, but have never actually witnessed it. Beyond that, while they aren't anywhere near as smart as a whitetail they can be infinitely more patient... a moose that suspects something is up will often wait totally motionless, for as long as it takes until you make a mistake.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might need to try that powder.
They say millwrights can fix anything except a broken heart, but I've even got a tool that can do that!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”