DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hartbraker

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Unread postby Hartbraker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 am

HERES AN EPIC HUNT FOR YOU!
Killed my first mature buck over the weekend! It was an epic hunt that I doubt I’ll ever be able to top. I made a scouting trip Saturday morning to Kisatchie wilderness hills in central Louisiana. I was planning on making it a short trip and was prepping some spots for this coming thanksgiving weekend. This particular area is a wilderness area. No roads for 6 square miles. Also for the most part of the year it is bow only with 8 gun days scattered in the season that spreads from September to January. I was thinking low pressure and the further I go in the better it should get! I picked out a distinct saddle on the map as a destination the night before. 2.5 miles in!
Got to the woods around 6 and started my walk in. It was perfect weather for stalking as we had a few inches of rain the day before and the wind was at a steady 10 mph. I walked with the wind in my face toward the spot I had intended. About 3/4 of a mile in I walked right up on a little 6 point. Easily could have shot him but I’ve been determined to get something big this year so I pressed on.
Not to much further I was walking around a mulberry thicket and spotted another 6 point locked up with a doe. They were reluctant to move but they finally spooked off. Kept going in deeper and I walked over the point of a ridge when I saw a huge fresh rub. One of those nipple high rubs dan is always talking about. There was another thicket on the point right before the military crest. I thought to myself, ‘I bet that buck is bedded right in there. And almost as soon as I thought that a monster buck jumped up and ran into the bottom. I thought man I ought to just set up here for the rest of the morning, but I decided against it because I had a feeling the saddle I was headed to was going to be a better rut spot.
So I trudged forward and finally made it to the saddle at 11:20, marking down sign as I made it there.

Just like I thought there were mega trails in there. Those good trails like you see in the Midwest. There was so much fresh sign, that I decided to climb the first tree I saw. I got up one stick and I saw a better tree over 15 yards. I got down and as soon as I disconnected my lineman’s belt I heard a deep grunt come from deeper in the saddle. I dropped my pack and knocked an arrow. Not even 5 seconds later I heard a big CRASH! I looked where it came from and two studs were locked up only 60 yards away. It was the most violent and brutal thing I’ve ever seen. They were fighting like two heavy weight boxers. At one point I saw one of them get flipped and legs flew up in the air. They had no idea I was there so I started running toward them. When I got to 20 yards I couldn’t get a shot because they were in some bushes. I noticed when I was running something was pulling on my bow. I’m looked down and I realized my roped to pull up my bow was still on my bow lol. I had been pulling it for 40 yards. They stayed locked up and one started pushing the other down hill. I couldn’t get a shot so I got closer and closer and closer until I was literally 5 yards!!!! I could see the steam coming out of there nostrils. I drew back and tried to pick the bigger one. I couldn’t tell which one was bigger, they were both studs. So I picked the one who was winning lmfao! I shot him at 5 yards with my bow and he ran 20 and died. The other one looked at me from behind a bush confused for a second and then took off.

BEST HUNT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE! What a way to start off by killing my first mature buck! If it wasn’t for this forum, the bedding dvds, milkweed, The hunting public, Dan the big buck serial killer Infalt, and my God himself I would not have gotten that amazing opportunity. I couldn’t thank everyone enough. I’ve have gone in 2 years for. Seeing 3-4 deer a season and shooting maybe one to seeing 30-40 deer a season and tagging out as well as shooting my first mature buck! I called him Frazier! I guess that makes me George Forman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jesus is God. I know this because I love Him.
I Love Him because I Know Him.
I know Him because I spend time with Him.
I spend time with Him because He offers truth!
headgear
500 Club

Re: DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Unread postby headgear » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 am

Congrats!
BackCoverBowHunter

Unread postby BackCoverBowHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:36 am

Wow that is a crazy story! Congrats on that bruiser!! :shock:
Extreme Effort Only
Jurist

Unread postby Jurist » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:37 am

Nice work "George" love your grill for cooking fraziers'. :L:
"We know they are lying,
they know they are lying,
they know we know they are lying,
we know they know we know they are lying,
but they are still lying."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:37 am

Congrats.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am

8-) :clap: :dance:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:26 am

Spectacular! :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Wow. That’s hard to beat. Awesome job!
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Sounds like an incredible hunt congrats
JAB
500 Club

Unread postby JAB » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Good job, congratulations!
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 pm

That’s crazy awesome. I agree that might be a tough one to top. Congratulations
Persistence is undefeated.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:59 pm

:clap:
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Very cool story, and an awesome buck, congrats!!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 pm

That's an awesome buck and a crazy story :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats! !
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:30 pm

WOW!! What an amazing hunt and story.

When I often read people saying they will probably never top this hunt... I cant help but think
"yeah, you'll probably top that some day" Well brother I hope you top that, but its going to have to be a dandy!!! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on a fine bruiser of a buck too!! :dance: :dance:

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”