Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:24 am

Jesse,

I finished the last podcast. Enjoyed it! What stood out:

You have some humility to ask people for feedback and taking action on it.

You are blunt, but also positive and encouraging to others. That is infectious. Love it.

I think this podcast gave a me at least the belief that I could go out of state and maybe even pull it off by knocking down a good buck.

A little feedback. A good topic for a future podcast would be to build upon this by talking about your “program” (like the weightlifting analogy). Not telling people what to do “do this, go to this GPS location” etc. But detailing the process you use for breaking down somewhere new. The stuff that starts when you get to your first new destination and put the truck in park. You’ve alluded to it in spots, but it’s a bit scattered between the various podcasts. From your use of maps, how you gather intel on a given area, what you look for when you first put boots on the ground, what says “hunt here” and “forget this dump”, how you approach your first sit on a new property... is it an observation sit (working your way in) or are you diving into what you think is best before you stepped out of the truck. These are the kinds of things that are a challenge for me...might be for others as well. And what would you recommend with all of the above if you were Jesse from 20 years ago, the guy without the experience.

Just some wacky thoughts. Take them for what you paid for them. ;)


Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt
User avatar
NorthwoodsWiscoHnter
500 Club
Posts: 1908
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NorthwoodsWisconsinHunter/
Location: Northwoods Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby NorthwoodsWiscoHnter » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 am

Listening to Jesse on his 2nd podcast with Andy May,

One thing I took from it is how confident Jesse is in himself. He comes across as a little cocky but it's okay if you can back it up which I'm sure he does. It's definitely a lesson to have a belief in yourself to get the job done.

Dan once said something to me that I'll always remember. Being cocky kills deer. ;)
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 am

thepennsylvanian wrote:Listening to this podcast, my first thoughts are what the heck is wrong with this world that we have to someone have a disclaimer about who they are..... @JessecCoots, screw disclaimers, lol, you have a lot of info to share and people want to hear it, period. People have a choice to not listen or whatever that's disclaimer enough!
Now, I love your presentation of the podcast man. Listening to you guys literally feels like deer camp. Being relatable is much more appealing than cookie cutter shows or shows that have more product plugs than content. Keep it up brother, not that you need the encouragement but keep it real. You got me hooked!


Dude you make me smile! We appreciate the support and appreciate that you enjoy the authenticity of our grassroots podcast. We’re not out to make friends, we’re out to help people make gains by sharing what works consistently for us. Some people get it and will advance, some won’t! Thanks Homie!
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:59 am

DhD wrote:I could care less whether or not you curse, people need to stop being so uptight. In these days of constant BS from every direction, I greatly appreciate content that comes off as completely genuine. So far everything you have done meets that standard, keep it up!


Dhd, Preach it brother!!! I’m totally fine with constructive criticism and I feel everyone in here has genuinely given good advice and for the most part been very positive but man you hit the nail on the head with society in general... The whining and offended candyass people drive me nuts! Fakeness, I hate it, I love facts thrown right in my face, give me the real deal! Haha That’s how I like to deliver as well with the mindset of “This is what works for me, study it and see if it works for you!”
Some folks get ruffled.. oh well, Glad dudes like you get it and keep pushing forward. Thanks man really appreciate the comments!
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:14 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:Listening to Jesse on his 2nd podcast with Andy May,

One thing I took from it is how confident Jesse is in himself. He comes across as a little cocky but it's okay if you can back it up which I'm sure he does. It's definitely a lesson to have a belief in yourself to get the job done.

Dan once said something to me that I'll always remember. Being cocky kills deer. ;)


NorthwoodsWiscoHnter,
Dude I couldn’t agree more, I hate when my confidence comes off cocky however I can’t apologize for it, I’m a poor kid from a shitty state who has punished himself all over the country for 20 years on DIY hunts before I ever knew what DIY was,I just love this and love to see people try it ! I am Sure I come off as cocky at times but I don’t mean too, it’s confidence, I speak with confidence and encouragement, I’ve done it and I want people to know I’m serious and Want them to pick up in my vibe that they can Do it too! I go 100% , it’s all I know and it’s works for me! Haha I can be extremely quiet and studious when I’m out of my element and someone confident is speaking, I love listening to well versed people and confident people therefore I try to give it back as well and share what I know.
Really appreciate the comment man, all the best! Jesse
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:14 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:Listening to Jesse on his 2nd podcast with Andy May,

One thing I took from it is how confident Jesse is in himself. He comes across as a little cocky but it's okay if you can back it up which I'm sure he does. It's definitely a lesson to have a belief in yourself to get the job done.

Dan once said something to me that I'll always remember. Being cocky kills deer. ;)


NorthwoodsWiscoHnter,
Dude I couldn’t agree more, I hate when my confidence comes off cocky however I can’t apologize for it, I’m a poor kid from a shitty state who has punished himself all over the country for 20 years on DIY hunts before I ever knew what DIY was,I just love this and love to see people try it ! I am Sure I come off as cocky at times but I don’t mean too, it’s confidence, I speak with confidence and encouragement, I’ve done it and I want people to know I’m serious and Want them to pick up in my vibe that they can Do it too! I go 100% , it’s all I know and it’s works for me! Haha I can be extremely quiet and studious when I’m out of my element and someone confident is speaking, I love listening to well versed people and confident people therefore I try to give it back as well and share what I know.
Really appreciate the comment man, all the best! Jesse
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:16 am

live2hunt wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
live2hunt wrote:Profanity doesn’t bother me if the people have something to bring to the table. I will give it a listen and see.


Live2hunt,
You have a winners creed! I feel the same way and appreciate your open mindset. I have learned and absorbed things from Preachers, Hells angels, Lawyers, Doctors, soccer Moms, Butchers etc etc etc. I will study anyone who can back up their topic with authority and success no matter how they deliver the info! Thanks for being an open minded person and for tuning in. Really appreciate any input on how we can get better or what interests guys like yourself. Thanks man. Jesse




Just got the time to listen to episode #3. You nailed it Jesse that was a great episode. This Is the kind of stuff I want to listen to. Almost everything you talked about was relatable to the way I hunt. I was learning yet I was also being reassured that I’m doing a lot of thing right. Keep them coming!


Live2hunt,
100% dude!! Always have the mindset that your on the right path, you might have to make a jog in the path but your on the right path and be confident! Thanks for the kind words, Glad your digging the podcast! Thanks
JesseCoots
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 am
Facebook: Jesse Coots
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby JesseCoots » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:16 am

live2hunt wrote:
JesseCoots wrote:
live2hunt wrote:Profanity doesn’t bother me if the people have something to bring to the table. I will give it a listen and see.


Live2hunt,
You have a winners creed! I feel the same way and appreciate your open mindset. I have learned and absorbed things from Preachers, Hells angels, Lawyers, Doctors, soccer Moms, Butchers etc etc etc. I will study anyone who can back up their topic with authority and success no matter how they deliver the info! Thanks for being an open minded person and for tuning in. Really appreciate any input on how we can get better or what interests guys like yourself. Thanks man. Jesse




Just got the time to listen to episode #3. You nailed it Jesse that was a great episode. This Is the kind of stuff I want to listen to. Almost everything you talked about was relatable to the way I hunt. I was learning yet I was also being reassured that I’m doing a lot of thing right. Keep them coming!


Live2hunt,
100% dude!! Always have the mindset that your on the right path, you might have to make a jog in the path but your on the right path and be confident! Thanks for the kind words, Glad your digging the podcast! Thanks
brkissl82
500 Club
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: SE Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby brkissl82 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 am

Great podcast but yea is it like the in thing now to drop profanity as much as possible in a hunting podcast? Seems like it's almost impossible to listen to one without it now a days
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 2722
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:18 am

I just listened to episode 4, the hunting out of state episode. Jesse is ramping up the learning curve pretty quickly. I'd say this was the best episode yet. Keep up the good work. I've been hunting out of state for a few years now, and I think Jesse nailed some really important points.

-Decide to actually go on a trip out of state
-Do your research
-Have a positive attitude...this point cant be harped on enough, especially the first 1-3 trips where there will inevitably be struggles.
-Give it 100%. You have the rest of the year to catch up on sleep, be warm, be warm, and be full.
User avatar
DhD
500 Club
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Location: Nebraska
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby DhD » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:08 am

JesseCoots wrote:
DhD wrote:I could care less whether or not you curse, people need to stop being so uptight. In these days of constant BS from every direction, I greatly appreciate content that comes off as completely genuine. So far everything you have done meets that standard, keep it up!


Dhd, Preach it brother!!! I’m totally fine with constructive criticism and I feel everyone in here has genuinely given good advice and for the most part been very positive but man you hit the nail on the head with society in general... The whining and offended candyass people drive me nuts! Fakeness, I hate it, I love facts thrown right in my face, give me the real deal! Haha That’s how I like to deliver as well with the mindset of “This is what works for me, study it and see if it works for you!”
Some folks get ruffled.. oh well, Glad dudes like you get it and keep pushing forward. Thanks man really appreciate the comments!


Thank you for taking the time to respond! I'm genuinely looking forward to the next podcast. You'll never make everyone happy, just keep telling it like it is.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
RatMe
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 am
Location: Maine
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby RatMe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:39 pm

I liked these from the start, but these are getting exponentially better. The last podcast with Justin Wright was really really enjoyable and informative. I could really relate to a few of the specific stories/tactics, and this is what gets me jazzed. Picking up on a small detail from someone else’s success or failure sends my brain racing.

Thanks again for your hard work on these. It is greatly appreciated.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:17 pm

RatMe wrote:I liked these from the start, but these are getting exponentially better. The last podcast with Justin Wright was really really enjoyable and informative. I could really relate to a few of the specific stories/tactics, and this is what gets me jazzed. Picking up on a small detail from someone else’s success or failure sends my brain racing.

Thanks again for your hard work on these. It is greatly appreciated.


Good deal RatMe, glad you were able to relate to some of those stories in the podcast. I had a lot of fun talking with Jesse and Kevin. They are both great guys and I have no doubts their podcast will only continue to get better and better!
User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 6088
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:27 pm

Bowhunter4life wrote:
RatMe wrote:I liked these from the start, but these are getting exponentially better. The last podcast with Justin Wright was really really enjoyable and informative. I could really relate to a few of the specific stories/tactics, and this is what gets me jazzed. Picking up on a small detail from someone else’s success or failure sends my brain racing.

Thanks again for your hard work on these. It is greatly appreciated.


Good deal RatMe, glad you were able to relate to some of those stories in the podcast. I had a lot of fun talking with Jesse and Kevin. They are both great guys and I have no doubts their podcast will only continue to get better and better!

I was hoping I would find out which Beast you were! Great job Justin. I thought the recurve story sounded awfully familiar. :clap:
Scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, scout, hunt
User avatar
jwilkstn
500 Club
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:01 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71
Location: The hills of Southern Middle Tennessee
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby jwilkstn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:47 pm

I've bumped this podcast towards the top of my playlist. Really excited about the potential.
Episode 4 was spot on for guys yet to start travelling to hunt. I have the newest one downloaded and look forward to it.
Not all those who wander are lost...


  • Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest