Episode #2 - Deer Sign with Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

HB Store

Mario
ProStaff

Episode #2 - Deer Sign with Dan Infalt

Unread postby Mario » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:10 pm

[glow=red]The Hunting Beast Podcast Episode #2 - Deer Sign[/glow]

Dan Infalt discusses different types of deer sign in relation to deer bedding and setting up a successful hunt.

Check it out, and post your comments and questions.

got to podcast.php

BigHunt

Re: Hunting Beast Podcast Episode #2 - Deer Sign with Dan In

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:06 pm

:clap:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:48 am

This was a great and informative podcast.... Thanks for sharing! I do have one question on in season scouting. If I jump a good buck from a bed and want to set up right then and there, do I set up on that bed on the downwind side? I think I would try to anticipate how the buck would approach the bed from down wind right?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 am

Really enjoyed this podcast. the talk about scrapes near bedding got me excited. I know where 2 scrapes are just outside bedding thickets and its always said to hunt the spot when conditions are right.. maybe the condition needed is the post rain factor when he checks on them. It also taught me that I am setting up too far off the killing zone.. one spot that comes to mind is a 100yd funnel between 2 swamps. huge rubs leading through this strip coming from deeper swamp but I would setup on the sign when I should of kept going deeper to get in the game, thanks Dan
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:59 am

Another home run. Nice work

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:05 am

Very pleasnt surprise for my foggy brain this Sunday morning. These podcasts really help put the pieces together that I had gathered from the DVD's and the similar threads i had read on here.

Thanx again Dan and Mario. Keep iy coming. 8-) :L: :clap:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:19 am

I hope the younger hunters really appreciate how much useful information is on these. I wish I would have had these when I was a young hunter. Truly a great book in itself and you don't even have to read it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
bulldawgfan007

Unread postby bulldawgfan007 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:24 am

This is gold. Thanks for sharing your experiences Dan. Every time I listen to any podcast Dan is on, I pick up some new piece of info that relates to a spot I've been scouting and overlooking.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:16 am

DaveT1963 wrote:This was a great and informative podcast.... Thanks for sharing! I do have one question on in season scouting. If I jump a good buck from a bed and want to set up right then and there, do I set up on that bed on the downwind side? I think I would try to anticipate how the buck would approach the bed from down wind right?

If your setting up for a morning hunt yes... But in the evening I would look for him coming out to the staging area along the main trail regardless of wind.
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:21 am

Guys- I somehow managed to get the first one to play through after a constant restarting. Closed it and re-listened twice more later. This one continually restarts (phone and tablet) about 4 min in. Can I somehow open it with a player or should I ?????

Thanks. Excited to hear the remaining 55 or so minutes.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Green and growing... Or red and rotting
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:26 am

Stanley wrote:I hope the younger hunters really appreciate how much useful information is on these. I wish I would have had these when I was a young hunter. Truly a great book in itself and you don't even have to read it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stan,
I was talking to Mario the other day and told him we would really love to have you on an upcoming podcast, we can do it over the phone. Your kind of modest on the BEAST, I think a lot of new members might not know your huge accomplishments... I was having another conversation with Andrae on the phone the other day and he was saying how hard of a time he was having trying to grow a world class buck on his property, I reminded him about the old times when guys like you, me, Andrae, Miles Keller, Dick Idol, and others were knocking down big bucks and how few there were. We literately had to seek out a property that had a big buck that we could hunt and then kill it... People complain about deer numbers but really, they got it pretty good compared to the 70's or 80's.

Anywho, we want to interview the top beast members, probably the ones that have call outs, and are not shy about talking hunting... If your up for it I can put Mario in touch with you?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:27 am

gjs4 wrote:Guys- I somehow managed to get the first one to play through after a constant restarting. Closed it and re-listened twice more later. This one continually restarts (phone and tablet) about 4 min in. Can I somehow open it with a player or should I ?????

Thanks. Excited to hear the remaining 55 or so minutes.

Not sure what the issue is... I will ask Dan Jr.
gjs4
500 Club

Unread postby gjs4 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:35 am

That's for your help with this Dan, and more so the quality of information to put out there for all of us to learn from.

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Apex

Unread postby Apex » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:59 am

Good stuff

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:09 am

Another great one, so thanks again guys!!!

Quick comment: Last podcast I posted about not knowing the trail the buck I plan on hunting this coming season will travel when leaving the confirmed bed I found that looks to have been used year after year due to old and new rub activity. In this episode, you mentioned that possibly old rub lines leaving the bed may be an indicator as to the travel of the buck and I distinctly remember only one of the trails leaving the bed having old rubs along it all the way to the ag fields, but they haven't been opened in what looks like years. When you said that, it was such an ah-ha moment so thanks again.

I hope you keeps these coming!

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”